1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Results of VNG... Dr recommended VNS??!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by MaryR, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    All I can say is that Antivirals worked for me, I'm not perfect still have some tinnitus and fullness but no daily spins. I would give them a good go before opting for surgery that you can't go back from. Also as a person who's had multiple surgeries It's not fun or pleasant so you want to be sure that it's definitely what you need and want. Educate yourself fully before moving forward don't let anyone pressure you. Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Sarah B

Sarah B New Member

Mar 19, 2020

3. Sarah B

Sarah B New Member

Mar 19, 2020
    I tried virtually everything between 1993 and 2001. Two shunt surgeries, gentamiasin, allergy shots, and numerous drugs. Nothing worked for very long. In 2001 I gave up and decided that I had only 2 options, vestibular nerve sectioning or give up a great job, my horse and all of life. I decided to take a huge chance and have vns surgery. (this is not an option if you are bilateral). After about a month I went back to work on light duty and have improved ever since. I was back to normal in my job in 6 months and riding my horse as well as I did before getting meniers. It has been almost 20 years and I have never regretted it. My hearing hasbbeen totally gone in my left ear forqquite a while and I now have a bone anchored hearing aid that I love. This surgery is not for everyone but for me it gave me my life back.

• Like Like x 2