1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Three months on acyclovir and no change

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Brother_of_Nool, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    When my doctor first prescribed them, he said that I could take them all at one time instead of spreading it out throughout the day. I’ve been taking 400mg five times a day. Does anyone take them all at once?

2. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    No change at all?

3. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    1000mg in the morning. 500mg early afternoon. 500mg evening. 1000mg at night.

4. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    My symptoms are the same. My hearing is getting worse.

That's 1000mg more than I was prescribed. I was spacing them out, but since they don't seem to be doing anything for me, I figured taking them all at once might be worth a try. I'm going to keep on with the AVs and JOH for another month or two, then I'll probably try a different ENT.

5. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Brother, the Gacek report indicates the 3000mg per day to beat the thing down. After some trial and error, I believe that 2000mg per day is my maintenance dose. That worked well for 15 months but now I'm having issues again so I upped it to 3000mg. Of course I may have caused the return of the symptoms. I have been eating a fair amount of Macadamian nuts and I just discovered they have a god-awful arginine to lysine ratio. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. I should have known better.

6. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    Yeah, nuts are the worst. I’ve been eating yogurt because it has the best Lysine Arginine ratio. However it also has a fair amount of sodium, so I’m scaling it back.

7. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Not all Menieres cases are viral in origin. Can you find any other clues by observing flareups of your symptoms? Allergy? Migraine? Certain meds? Anything?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I did 3000 per day for 3 months to no avail. AV's only help if your issue is viral. Mine is looking to be related to MAV.

9. Pa Cowboy

Pa Cowboy Member

Mar 17, 2019
    3 months is a long time to not see any results. For comparison, I started Valtrex back in March, within 4-5 days there was improvement in the fullness of my bad ear, hearing got slightly better and brain fog lifted. After 2 weeks I felt so much better and thought I'm beating this beast but it did come back although not nearly as bad.

10. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Bros,

One week into my AV's and my pressure increased as did the noise levels. After 3 months of no progress, I ceased and the pressure and noise decreased. I'm the only one I know of that had a slightly negative reaction to AV's

11. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    That’s what I’m thinking now. Maybe something physical. My neck makes cracking noises all the time. But, man, I was so sure it was viral. When I saw that lysine (seemingly) helped me, then found this forum with all these possibilities… Well I’ll play with the dosages and my diet for awhile longer, then maybe I’ll try this hospital in Manhattan that I was given the name of.

12. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I have the constant neck noises as well. I went to two different chiropractors who told me from MAV...but I just do not know any more. I live north of Manhattan, is the next place you may try for the neck, or an ENT?

Sorry the anti-virals do not seem to work for you. One member told me that his doctor told him there are 30 variants of menieres. Why does it always seem we have to try the 29 other remedies before we get to the one that works for us.

Praying you can find your remedy soon.

13. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    I've been at it 3 years before I feel like I'm really onto something. Others have been at it much longer. Never give up. Analyze everything. Eventually you will figure it out.

14. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    Longish story, but I was given this in April.

Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery

They seem promising, but I haven't contacted them. I wanted time to try the stuff on the forum and become a little more knowledgeble.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016

16. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    In another post, you said that your rotated between these. What was your rotation schedule?

17. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    Yow! Thanks for the info. I'll play it by ear (no pun intended).

18. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    I tried 3 months of ozone therapy and it did nothing for me. How does everyone deal with the financial burden? It's enough to induce a full blow attack.

19. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    Sometimes, when I’m taking my fifty supplements, I think about those stories about desperate people who do desperate things in the hope that they will cure themselves. I wonder how different I am from them as I look on Amazon for yet another supplement that may finally be the one that fixes me. I just looked up “ozone therapy”. I think that you had better be careful with things like that. I know that you want to be fixed, but that might be taking things to far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Yeah it didn't work, so no longer doing it.