1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

3:47 Don’t ever give up. Life is worth it!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    1603CD62-EA32-4C39-AD7A-0C73F59C5FC6.jpeg 7A090627-9D8A-4811-8AAD-D23E6AEE5450.jpeg 1603CD62-EA32-4C39-AD7A-0C73F59C5FC6.jpeg Folks earlier this year the Chief and I completed our first 1/2 Ironman in Wisconsin and today I achieved my goal of running the Chicago Marathon.

inthought I was all alone in my struggle but as I got to the finish line under a little kid in a Georgia Bulldogs hat yelling go daddy. My wife surprised me by flying in late last night and rooting me on to my surprise with the boys. They have off school tomorrow for Columbus Day do we will celebrate today and tomorrow in Chicago by going to the zoo and out for a big steak tonight.

Folks it was not too long ago I wanted to die. I could not even get the mail some days and my Dream was to just one day be able to go Christmas shopping for my kids and watch them play ball.

Thank You Dr. Mattox and Dr Rauch for making me believe and accept I have options and a life to live and thanks to this forum for being there on those late nights as I had my head in a toilet barfing for hours.

Folks if I can do it so can you.

God Bless!!!

Now all I want to do is go get a Large pizza and a cold beer.

Bulldogs/Joe

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Joe this brings so much joy to my day. I remember well your posts when I first became a member of this forum. Some of your posts made me laugh and some made me cry. Today I read this with nothing but pure joy for you and Chief and those three beautiful boys. Congratulations for winning at life!! Peace and Love,
    Red

3. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    PS a 3:47 marathon!!! So proud of you.

4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Thanks a million Red

As I approach 50 in February I think this will be my one and only marathon. I am so sore Red....but at least I achieved my goal of under 4hours.

it will now just 3k and 5k with the Chief for now on health permitting.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers....hopefully those grandkids are keeping you busy and happy....I know they are!!!

god bless.

PS: the youngest son has been asking all day why I did not win and how come I let so many girls beat me in the race...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Thanks for the encouraging post, Bulldogs. It is so important to remember that despite all the dark moments living with this beast, we also live in a world of possibilities. Thanks and Congrats!

6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Congratulations Joe! Sky is the limit.

7. Riplip

Riplip Member

Mar 16, 2018
    NH
    Congratulations Bulldogs! That is a great accomplishment. I also would love to break 4 hours but 4:08 is my fastest and in the last 3 years of Menieres hell I all do is run in a gym environment. Hopefully someday I will have a chance again. So happy for you. Live life to the fullest!

8. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Nice marathon! Under 4 is a goal for me! Awesome job! I bet you’ll run another, once your memory from this one fades a bit. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Congrats bulldogs joe!! Amazing. You are a beacon of hope to me.