1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Doctor recommendation NJ/NYC area?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Megan M, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Megan M

Megan M New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Hi,
    I live in NJ. My rheumatologist advised me to get a second opinion.
    Does anyone have an ENT or preferably neurotologist in the NJ/NYC area? I can even go to philly but NJ/NYC is ideal.
    Thanks!

2. MaryR

MaryR New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Hi Megan,
    After many reeeally bad experiences with at least 6 different ENTs and Neurologists in NYC I finally found a Neurotologist I highly recommend.. Dr. Maura Cosetti who is affiliated with Mt. Sinai in NYC. Can’t say enough great things about her. She is knowledgeable about antivirals and will prescribe, and she also started me on Betahistine, which has been the turning point for me after everything else failed for me. Good luck!

3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Hey Megan,

I live in NJ too.

Dr Maura Cosetti sounds like a great doctor to see in NYC. If she is using anti-virals and betahistine...that is all you can ask for.

I have seen so many doctors over the last decade. Here are a few in NJ:

Dr Downey (West orange) - super smart...thinks outside the box. lots of experience...open to anything when it comes to treatment.

Dr Leher (Teaneck) the guy has over 60 years of experience...tough to get an appt but he knows more about the inner ear than any doctor I've met. That saying something b/c I've seen many of the "so-called" top doctors across the country.

Dr. Ort (Edison) - super nice guy. young (maybe 40) but open to different treatment plans.

Hope this helps. Reach out if you have more questions.

Good luck!!

4. Megan M

Megan M New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Thanks for the reply! I’m going to make an apt with Dr.Leher and hopefully he can help give me a diagnosis. Since he has the most experience, he may be my best option.
    By any chance have you ever seen Dr.Wackym at Rutgers? It’s another highly recommended doctor that was given to me.

5. jkc

jkc Member

May 12, 2014
    Sujana S. Chandrasekhar, MD, FACS
    Wayne NJ and NYC

6. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I have not seen her.... Im sure she's is great too. The more opinions you get the better.

You will get different answers from everyone you see.

If one doctor had all the answers none of us would be on this website. : )

7. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Mary, can you please tell me what dose of Betahistine you take? Also, are you still taking anitvirals with it, and if so how much?

8. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I know you all are posting about the NYC area. I was wondering if anyone in this thread has any information about doctors in the Sacramento or San Francisco CA area. My ENT wants to refer me to a otologist at UC Davis.