1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

The Cure for Menieres Attacks

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bennyhill, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    After I started getting attacks again (read my recent post) I found this protocol, I incorporated it 8 days ago, still getting attacks, we will see if anything magic happens after two weeeks.

2. Sedona Sheri

Sedona Sheri New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I just ordered the B complex that includes 100 mg of B5 & B6. I'm already taking B12 and niacin and lemon bioflavonoids and Gingko. Shoot I've tried so many supplements before but I'm not giving up! I still believe I can be "normal" even if my hearing never returns. If I could just get rid of the chronic dizziness and tinnitus, I will be thrilled! I will post my results.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Sedona. I have been on the full Jon Regime for 3/4 months now and have noticed considerable improvement. Stick with it and hope it helps :)

4. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I have been taking B6 for something unrelated and have felt so dizzy with such loud tinnitus and car sickness. I wonder if the B6 is causing MAV symptoms in me? I guess I haven’t completely ruled out that I have both mm and MAV. I’ll stop and see if there is improvement.

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I've no comment on this cure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Gardengal, If you think MAV is a possibility, please read:
    Heal Your Headache
    by David Buchholz M.D., Stephen G. Reich M.D. (Foreword by)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ftmomof3

Ftmomof3 New Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I ordered this while I was having a very bad flare up of Menieres affecting me bad.
    My hearing was distortional, daily dizzies and nausea. However not vertigo.
    I’ve been taking these supplements religiously for a month.

The ear pressure is gone. The tinnitus is the same but I can handle it. No complain on that. The fullness is gone. The hearing distortional is gone.

I will remain taking them from now on. IDK if it’s coincidental or not meaning that if my relief is part of taking these or not. BUT I have nothing to lose by continue to take them. I will do whatever as long as I can live a manageable life and enjoy life.

8. Chris Bryant

Chris Bryant New Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I’ve just started this and have the 250mg magnesium but note it states one tablet is 60% of your daily recommended dose. Is there any notable issue at taking 2 a day?

9. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Just giving an update on this. Unfortunately this did not help me. I started Oct.1st, I’m discontinuing these supplements.

10. Holly29

Holly29 New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    I was just recently diagnosed with md. I don’t have vertigo attacks or any hearing loss or tinnitus but I do have constant pressure and fullness in both ears and bouts of dizziness that make me feel like I’m on a boat. Anyone else with md have only the pressure/fullness issues?

11. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Who diagnosed you? Without vertigo, hearing loss or tinnitus I would question your diagnosis. You should seek a second opinion by a neurologist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Holly29

Holly29 New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    ENT diagnosed me. After having been to several drs and also a neurologist. Everything else was ruled out.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Holly, how long have you had the ear fullness and dizziness? Have you had an MRI or other tests?

• Like Like x 1
  14. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Holly I meant to say you should see a neuro otolaryngologist...they specialize in disease of the ear. Is that who diagnosed you?

15. Holly29

Holly29 New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    Hi.
    It’s been 3 months since it first started and has been constant.
    Yes I went to a neurologist and they did a full head, brain and neck mri. All good. Also went to an audiologist that did the full vng testing. No fluid and no hearing loss with the exception of missing a couple of low tones in one ear. ( the pressure/pain and fullness is in both).

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Holly29

Holly29 New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    No it was an ENT dr. Not sure I have one of those in my area I will have to check.

17. Sara

Sara New Member

Nov 15, 2019
    This has actually made my day! Thank you so much for posting..It’s so easy to forget about others suffering with MDs when you’ve finally found a way to manage the symptoms so thank you for sharing. I read this an hour ago and have already ordered myself the vitamins. I am wondering if you can take them whilst pregnant? Would you know?
    I am so worried about having another baby. I was diagnosed with MDs in 2015 and had attacks on an annual basis. During pregnancy of my firstborn I felt pretty symptom free which was great as I would experience fullness in my ear (unilateral) on an almost weekly basis. I was hoping it would stay like this but after giving birth, instead of annual vertigo attacks and weekly fullness I developed vertigo on an almost daily basis. It’s been thoroughly demotivating and I have often cried in desperation for nothing seems to be working. I am also so sad that I can’t freely enjoy quality time with my son without feeling out of sorts. I am really hoping that this new treatment will give me a new lease of life because sometimes I wonder if there’s any point to it as vertigo hits me on a daily basis. I am generally a positive person but this has really ruined my persona and self confidence. Fingers crossed and I will report back soon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. KaSchu

KaSchu New Member

Oct 25, 2019
    I'm by nature super skeptical, but I was desperate enough that I thought this couldn't hurt to try. I wish I could say that this worked for me, but it's been 2 weeks and so far, no improvement. I've taken 2 B-100 Complex capsules daily - each capsule has 100 mg of B6 (pyridoxine HCI) and 100 mg of pantothenic acid (B5).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I did the same thing Kaschu. I tried it for about 4 weeks with no improvement. When your desperate you will try just about anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    When I started JON and B5 & B6, it was 3/4 months before i saw improvement. Now i have decreased tinnitus and fullness.