1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Gent perfusion

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Saera, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Saera

Saera Active Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Pupper- that’s amazing. I don’t have hot flashes from hormones more like a crappy attitude. I bet a cold pool would cure that too though!

Anne- last time I did VT I got physically sick. I function okay day to day but pushing myself in VT is so hard. I do still cheat and use Ativan or meclizine when I have a ton to do and know I’ll feel it.

California- the pressure and tinnitus for me is usually a sign of vertigo coming. So that’s the biggest stressor of it for me. Waiting for the horror to start.... thankfully it hasn’t. I do still have the tube in my ear and that helps a lot. I can push on my ear and squish the pressure down. I do it a lot throughout the day but for me it helps. I will probably ask to keep the tube in there because I do find it helps. It was a simple two minute deal to have it out in. Some people call it a grommet. Maybe your doc would let you try it?

Thanks for all the positive vibes. I feel like my hearing is improving. Which of course my anxiety rising becasue I fear it means the little hairs are growing back and I’ll get vertigo again. I swear short of a laby there is no escaping all the effects of this horrible syndrome.

2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Hi Saera
    Try not to worry about improved hearing. I read somewhere that a decent percentage of gentamicin patients get hearing improvements. They think it might have to do with the death of some other cells (shoot, I forget the name... but not the haircells.) that maybe contributed to the fluid issues in the inner ear.

If I remember, or find it, I’ll post again. I think it was a Dr. Hains gem. I remember thinking, well shit, if they’d told me years ago that gentamicin had the potential to IMPROVE my hearing, I might not have waited so long.

And oh take it easy on the vestibular rehab! Yow! Remember, just do enough to make you feel only 20% worse momentarily, then let it settle. Repeat until you get your 12-20 minutes a day. My physio said this is the amount is what was studied and shown to provide the best improvements.

Yes I too still take the occasional clonazepam or sleeping pill.

Easy does it, my friend!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Saera,

If you are already chronically dizzy... are you able to continue working through gent shots?

Is it just more of the same dizziness...maybe a little worse?

Can you drive?

Thanks!

Brian

4. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Saera,
    I think I'm OK with the loss of hearing in my left ear because I'm so grateful the vertigo is absent for 8 weeks now. My acceptance may have something to do with age as well. Your young and should hope for and pursue restoration of your hearing if possible.

K

5. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    How’s it going, Saera? Thinking of you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Saera

Saera Active Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Update:
    Hello! I have been so busy living that I have not had time to update. I am doing well. I do have my moments where I swear vertigo will start. I get queasy and 'off' but no spinning. I still have tinnitus and fullness and pressure but I try to watch sodium and just keep living. I do drink caffeine now and that might be why I still have such loud tinnitus but I am trying to lose weight to prepare for my upcoming wedding. I hope every one is doing well!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Good to hear from you! And great to hear that you are living your life vertigo free!!

8. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Saera, That was always the same for me. It was like you had your ticket for the ride and were waiting in line.

9. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    So glad to see your post and read that you are able to enjoy life again. Best wishes with your upcoming wedding.

10. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Yuck, you have a ticket for the ride and your just waiting. Isn’t that the truth!?