1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

The Cure for Menieres Attacks

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bennyhill, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Holly29

Holly29 New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    Hi. Are you still seeing results from this? Are you doing the b5/b6 regimen? I have such terrible ear pressure but no vertigo or tinnitus. Haven’t tried this yet but want to start.
    I have been taking L-Lyisne for almost a week now and have noticed less dizziness but need to find something that works on the pressure.

2. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    Are we saying there is a difference between dizzy and vertigo?
    Is vertigo spinning?
    I'm dizzy 24/7 since 1982. Had spinning a few times this year but never had bad nausea.
    Thanks

3. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    My definition of vertigo is ‘multiply dizziness by 100.’ During severe attacks I always pray for it to either stop immediately or to die then and there. Whichever comes first.

• Like Like x 4
  4. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019

I tried it as well, for several months. It didn't help me, but as it does seem to work for some people, I think it's worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holly29

Holly29 New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    Are you still taking the regimen and how are your symptoms?
    I also get pressure and fullness in both of my ears and they pop frequently, sometimes it doesn’t matter if they pop they stay full. This has been a constant for me for 3+ months now.

6. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I wish there were some way to change the title of this thread. It is so misleading, it makes me sad and angry every time it pops up. If something seems to be working for you great, but don’t advertise it as the for sure “cure” for everyone. This sort of stuff added to wasted suffering time, when I could have been getting proper treatment.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I agree with you. Anyone who has had Meniere's for any length of time is probably going to take the title with a grain of salt. I know I did. But I can see it being very misleading and giving false hope to someone who is newly dx'd or to someone not even sure they have Meniere's.

It has apparently helped some, and is certainly worth a try. I did try it but I did so without a lot of expectations or hope.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    So sorry you feel this way. :( The only time my dizziness was that bad was when I had a headcold so it was magnified and I would crawl across the floor to do what I needed since walking would be impossible. Only had it that bad twice. So I am blessed in many ways.
    I sometimes joke that it is all in my head (but that's literal really) and that if I could just cut my head off, and somehow still function :confused: then everything would improve... o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    So, why aren't all people dizzy when they get older? Maybe they are getting more of these vitamins for some reason? I have heard people say that they do get dizzy when they get older, but not all do and not to the same extent.

I am probably misunderstanding you. . . I am getting the feeling that you are saying that Meneiere's and lack of B6 in the body are synonymous.
    And if not, how do you differentiate the two? I hope I am making some sort of sense... lol
    I did order the B Vitamins. I added them to an order we get every 3 months so they should arrive by the middle of next month.

10. PeggyH

PeggyH New Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I ordered 100 tablets of 250 mg. of B5 online from Pilgrim's Pride website, puritan.com, and I simply break each one in two to get 125 mg dose. I ordered 250 capsules of 100 mg. of B6 from iHerb.com. I have been taking these for ten days so far and it is helping a lot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. PeggyH

PeggyH New Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I ordered 100 tablets of 250 mg. of B5 online from Pilgrim's Pride website, puritan.com, and I simply break each one in two to get 125 mg dose. I ordered 250 capsules of 100 mg. of B6 from iHerb.com. I have been taking these for ten days so far and it is helping a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I just found this forum and not sure hpw to reply here but I just want to say to you Benny that I feel hopeful now. I am 71 and just moved to be close to my grandchildren and then I get this massive attack, my first one and I ended up in emerge. I am desperate to find relief so trying the B's you mentioned. I do take a multi B but noticed the dosage is small so going out today and get the amounts you recommend. Finally I feel some joy so thank you...Janny

• Like Like x 1
  13. KaSchu

KaSchu New Member

Oct 25, 2019
    I mentioned this thread to my OTO when I saw him last week. He just shook his head and said "if only it were so simple".

I agree 100% that this title could be misleading to those who are newly diagnosed. Those of us who've dealt with long enough know that there are no easy answers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    I think the title is misleading to new forum members. Each of us is so different, but I have taken the B regimen for 6 months and something is helping me. However, I also take Lysine, bioflavinoids, Monolaurin and Vitamin C. When I started Vitamin C a couple weeks ago, I really noticed a change. And I have little faith if an ENT poopoohs a regimen. We are our best advocates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019

16. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Well said Wendy! Sometimes i feel like I KNOW more than the ENT when i go to see them and they have NO interest in hearing what i have learned in this message board and online. So frustrating!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Oh Marta I couldn't agree more with your definition. Vertigo is not just being dizzy, it is being on a fair ground ride and it is unstoppably spinning out of control. It is a devestating feeling of helpless surrender to inner ear malfunction.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    We need to change the title of this thread, it’s extremly misleading. This is not “the cure”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Whenever posters use terms like "always a virus" or "not a virus" or "cure", my personal sirens go off and red flags start popping up in everything they post. Fact is that B5/B6 are good supplements, but that is about it. Some folks, like me, have seen improvement from supplements like these and the JOH regemine. Some see improvement from AV's( i did not). I have seen marked improvement from the Buchholz diet. I have also seen improvement from LOSO and the migraine script I am on now. Some find upper cervical issues, or TMJ issues, or bloodwork related issues.
    I beleive there are many triggers for Menieres and other related conditions. It's a journey to figure it out and find treatments that help. There is no quick fix that I have witessed and that sucks. Do the easy stuff first and work your way into deeper water. Keep a daily log of your symptoms related to daily activity and diet to see if there are any parallels.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Sara

Sara New Member

Nov 15, 2019
    I posted mid-November straight after a terrible vertigo attack and desperate for a solution for how best to cope with the rest of my life. Bennyhill’s suggestion gave me hope. I started taking the B vitamins recommended and added Magnesium to the mix too (also based on recommendations). I also looked into a chiropractor and had my first session 3 weeks ago. Within 10 days of taking the vitamins and 1 day after visiting the chiropractor I began to feel normal again! The fullness in my left ear has disappeared and the dizziness has gone too. I feel like a brand new person and am so thankful to Bennyhill. I can’t thank you enough. It’s been a really tough year since giving birth. I have battled with a dizzy attack every day since giving birth and really couldn’t see any light of the tunnel. I am so happy to know I can properly celebrate Christmas and I can now enjoy time with my son without feeling the need to rest my head. What’s interesting is that my chiropractor said that he could feel misalignment in the muscles of my neck and is slowly working on snapping them back into shape.
    There is definitely hope for all so please don’t give up.

• Like Like x 1