1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Is there a climate you find to be better or worse?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by recoveringoptimist, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    My symptoms consistently fluctuate within their typical parameters, regardless of the temperature, humidity, & elevation of my environment.

2. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    I was once symptom free for 3 months. It was winter time in an area close to the high desert and it was very dry. It blew my mind since my symptoms began in 1982 and have been 24/7 since. I currently live in hawaii and it is always hot and humid here and I know it has got to be a factor - so it seems

3. KaSchu

KaSchu New Member

Oct 25, 2019
    I'm like a human barometer - changes in air pressure often trigger symptoms for me. I live in Seattle, and while we don't get near the amount of rain the media likes to portray, autumn here can be stormy and my Meniere's has been especially nasty for the past 6 weeks. So, I don't know if climate affects me as much as changes in the weather & air pressure.

I've never had an episode in Hawaii, so maybe there's my excuse to move there!

4. 911Timo

911Timo New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    West Palm Beach FL
    For me weather don’t make difference. I live in Finland when my meniers started so similar to Minnesota weather/ seasons. I have lived in South Florida 30+ years now and hot humid summers have not made any difference to my meniers symptoms. Allergy symptoms some times a year (some sneezing etc) have caused maybe some fullness but not vertigo. I wear hearing aids on both ears so hot humid weather if not best for them but not too bad. Flying is never been problem for me either. Stress is trigger as many have mentioned. Someone mentioned Menitt device earlier and I did used it (still have it if someone wants to try it).