1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Random (Silly?) Question Concerning "super power"/Ears

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Hispoiema, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    Sorry if this comes across as flippant but I really am curious:
    I was on a list for meniere's years ago and somehow we got into a convo about "super powers"
    I told everyone that I can tell all the dips in a floor without trying. It can be almost annoying at times. I am in a room just a few seconds and I tell my hubby all the low spots and dips etc and he gets out his trusty level (he lays tile) and I am spot on every time. It blows his mind.
    Once I told him I felt I was upside down while lying in bed. That side of the floor was less than an inch lower than where our feet were.
    Honestly I can't help it.

So, out of the group I was in at the time, one person had the same "super power".
    Hard to say if it is Meniere's related or not... :rolleyes:o_O

2. PleaseNoDizzy

PleaseNoDizzy Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Oh TOTALLY. But only when I'm walking around on the uneven floor. I am not seeing it with my eyes from across the room -- it's by touch as I pass over those spots. I'm hyper sensitive to any fluctuations in floor levelness etc. I'm pretty sure it's my MAV that does this though; not sure it's a Meniere's thing. We bought a condo this year to use as a ski rental on Airbnb (and us to use regularly) and the floor had been recently redone with a laminent but the person must not have truly leveled it first. There are dips in the funniest places. My son verified it by rolling his ball in those areas; I was totally right.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    I think it is both for me. I feel it as I walk across it. Definitely hyper sensitive. A very small dip is almost like a large valley.
    I'm also an HSP and INFJ (totally unrelated to Meniere's but makes me wonder about this other stuff) lol
    Thanks for the reply

4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    My menierian superpowers:
    -Knowing it’s going to start snowing
    -Knowing the weather is about to warm up
    -Knowing that someone in here is wearing perfume or aftershave... or wore it last week and didn’t wash their sweater
    -Hulk-like ability to go from pleasant normal polite person to raging maniac in one second... because someone is wearing perfume or aftershave!
    -ability to detect Sick Building Syndrome buildings
    -ability to carry on in the face of uncertainty, oscillopsia and an apparently wobbly world.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    You don’t need a barometer if I’m around. Helpful during tornado seasons.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1