1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Frequency Therapuetics - Results

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mac, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    So....here you go everyone.

Signs of Improved Hearing With Progenitor Cell Activator

They did it folks... They regrew hair cells for the first time in human history. Word recognitions (clarity) scored doubled for some. Which is amazing!
    10 decibels is the biggest jump they saw in tone. People with placebo saw no improvement.

But remember...this was just one dose. The next trial start in Q4 will be multiple doses. If you could get 10db with one...maybe you could get 20-30db with 3 or 4 doses.

Just amazing news here for all people all over the world who suffer from hearing loss.

Have a great weekend.

Mac

• Like Like x 6
  2. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    Was just going to post this. It's great news isn't it? Thanks for all the updates Mac!

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  3. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    This is wonderful news! If this proves out, I wonder if it would help all types and reasons for hearing loss or just some.

4. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Whao! Absolutely fantastic news for everyone. Thanks for posting Mac. This will be interesting to follow.

5. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Great video. Thank goodness for science.

7. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

8. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Frequency Therapeutics just had their IPO today and raised 84M!! Thats a lot of money for research! Lets hope we get some good news soon. The stock ticker is FREQ

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Great update James!

Phase 2 should be pretty cool to watch...multiple dosing so we will see what FX-322 is capable of.

10. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Frequency Therapeutics Provides Business Updates and Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results

“This has been a tremendously productive period for Frequency as we commenced our Phase 2a study, received Fast Track designation for FX-322, and completed key financings that we believe will enable us to advance our hearing program and further diversify our portfolio as we apply our progenitor cell activation platform in numerous disease areas,” said Frequency Therapeutics Chief Executive Officer David Lucchino. “We have opened all U.S. sites for our Phase 2a study of FX-322 and remain on track to report top-line data in the second half of next year. We believe FX-322 has the potential to be a restorative, disease-modifying treatment for the millions of patients with hearing loss, with the aim of improving hearing function, including speech intelligibility. We also continue to advance our multiple sclerosis development efforts and remain focused on moving our remyelination program into the clinic in the second half of 2021.”

11. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Good stuff, thanks Mac

13. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    OMG! This is so exciting.Thanks so much for posting this Mac. Lots of interesting info-It's not gene therapy which I wondered about. I also have been thinking about how they would stop the hair growth-so you have it coming out your ears so to speak! It turns the growth on and then it stops,it's not ongoing. This looks really really good.Will see if I can hold out on a Cochlear implant.I'm not ready yet but I keep getting closer year by year. Also really good news for other conditions such as MS. It really is amazing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Reading a new book release titled Volume Control - Hearing in a deafening world by David Owen and am encouraged by a quote: "There is no better time in all of human history to be a person with hearing loss". While dizziness/vertigo are miserable in their own right hearing loss can have a greater impact on our quality of life and also longevity. C'mon Frequency! Keep us updated Mac

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Last year they announced - The Phase 2a clinical trial data from the study are expected in the second half of 2020, now they announced - a Phase 2a study data expected in Q2 of 2021.

Publication of the result is postponed for one year. Something went wrong?

17. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Everything in 2020 went wrong. Everything.

18. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    The COVID lock down had a negative impact on the time table of the trials. Not just this trial...but almost all trials that were not COVID related.

You probably already know this...but if typically takes 8-12 years before a drug goes from animal trials to FDA approval. I personally was in SPI-1005 trials years ago. It works...I know it works... but it will take years to get approved.

USA has less than 5% of the worlds population but we have 66% of the worlds lawyers. Look no further that that statistic. Lol...I'm clearly not a big regulation guy!

Focus on the good news... Frequency Therapeutics not only regrew inner ear hair cells for the first time in human history...they also didn't die. That's amazing news!! The stock is up over 25 percent since the announcement.

Have a great day!

Mac