1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

AV Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Josh, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Josh

Josh New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    TL/DR: What, if anything, should I add to JoH and Acyclovir to fight this back?

Good Afternoon,

I was diagnosed with MD 4 years ago. I was initially prescribed steroids and a diuretic, however that had no impact. I then got steroid injections directly into the ear, which worked the first few times for a few months, but then stopped.

Through research, I noticed the AV recommendation, along with JoH. I started both, and within a few days my symptoms were gone. I continued on with the JoH regiment, although foolishly about a year ago I stopped the L-Lysine because of having to taken on an empty stomach. I am relatively confident my Meniere's is AV.

Last week I noticed some pressure in my ear, but didn't act. I also became a vegetarian about 3 months ago, perhaps not related. I'm back to full symptoms (tinnitus, vertigo, fullness). I re-started the AV (Acyclovir @ 800MG/3X a Day), as well as introducing the L-Lysince @ 4G a day.

My symptoms got worse, which I've read is a good sign as the virus is reacting to the treatment, even if it feels miserable during that time.

My question is, should I be doing anything else? I've remained on JoH (now with L-Lysine) and the diuretic, and introduced the Acyclovir, which I plan to keep on maintenance mode when this settles down. I've read about others adding B5/6, B12, Vitiamin C (above the JoH regiment), Vitamin D, etc. Any recommendations?

Thanks, I've enjoyed reading the other threads to become more educated on this.

- Josh

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  2. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Since you had such good success on your previous regimen of AV and JOH, I would recommend you continue that. If you don't notice improvement, you can consider adding something else in the future. As a vegetarian myself, I do take a B12 supplement about every other day.