1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

New to this site and just wanting some answers

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Samuel s, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Samuel s

Samuel s New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    I have no insurance and ended up going to the local clinic and I was diagnosed with meniers . I have been skeptical bc it has been two weeks and I have not had a relief for more than 5 hours at a time. My anxiety has been horrid my head starts feeling cloudy and can’t keep a straight thought. I get horrible headaches. My ears ring so loud and it just depresses me. It’s hard for me to work lately and it has effected my sleep strangely

2. Samuel s

Samuel s New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    I have been hardly able to function and it scares me not knowing if this is the actual real diagnosis. I have read on a lot of triggers and it sounds like I need to change everything. I smoke I eat bad foods I drink coffee and drink alcohol 3 times a week.

3. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Samuel. Do you have any hearing loss? Do your ears feel plugged up? How long have you had symptoms?

4. Samuel s

Samuel s New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    I honestly have not noticed hearing loss . Sometimes it’s hard to hear but I think it is just the ringing . The only relief I get is if I take a nap and I have been extremely tired all the time but when I wake up I feel refreshed . Then a few hours later it’s back. It is exhausting and my ears always feel like they have pressure in then. My anxiety and brain fog has been extremely bad as well

5. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Since you say you have no insurance, I would suggest you might try the JOH regimen. The Lysine and lemon flavinoids have been helpful for me. B5 and B6 regimen by Benny Hill would be cost effective to try. Also with your headaches,you could buy the book "Heal Your Headache" on Amazon. You may have a migraine variant called MAV. You may want to read up on each of these topics on the forum. Did the doctor you saw prescribe diuretics?

6. Samuel s

Samuel s New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    No they just prescribed a steroid. I am going back to the dr Friday. I will look into this . I have been just trying to stay away from salts and the last couple days have been a little better but still not doing good. It’s hard to know if low salt is really helping but willing to try anything at this point.