1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Spironolactone

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Megan Henry, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Has anyone had success with Spironolactone. Any adverse side effects? I'm mainly concerned with the good constipation (sorry if that's tmi) but its reality. Also, does it make you fatigued or light headed? Particularly concerned about not being able to muster the gumption to workout while taking it, because working out is my sole savior and not being able to do that would most likely kill me.

2. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Where ever I park my RV
    I have been on Spironolactone for a long time like over 6 years long time. I was on Hydrochlorothiazide prior to that, but I really can't say as either one has done much for me. I figure with my blood pressure being slightly high I should stick with it. Hopefully it works well for you.

3. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for you response. My bp is already on the low end. That's a concern as well.

4. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Where ever I park my RV
  5. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I had some intolerable side effects from HCTZ and was put on Spironolactone for more than a decade prior to having a labyrinthectomy. The main side effect was that it made my mouth dry, which made taking care of my gums more important than ever.

I was on 50mg/day. At one point I tried dropping it to 25mg, but that set off a flare of symptoms, which got better after I went back to 50mg. For many years it was helpful for me, but I was glad to be done with it post-laby.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019