1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Journaling

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Janny, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I put this over on the front porch thread as I never saw this thread. So here it is again...

I have been journaling since a little girl and my daughter will inherit a huge pile of my life written down. Even with Meniers I continue to write and record my daily life. It is great for stress relief and a pile of fun if you also illustrate your books. I write with fountain pen and a cup of tea beside me and somehow it is a special time of reflection. And, a really wonderful help with anxiety. Any other folks who journal out there? ...Janny

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robby Ivy

Robby Ivy New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Hi Janny! I have been journaling on other subjects, but not Meniere's. But I am actually making a journal now just for that purpose. I have really been suffering as of late, and it's hard sometimes to explain how I feel to people that do not have experience with it. I'm so glad I saw this post ! Its a reminder for me to get busy! I had to go to the ER again yesterday because I had a drop attack at church. Yup. I was grateful my sister was there to explain what was going on.

3. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Hi Robby
    I also find church a vestibularly challenging place - have had vertigo, drop attacks there too. And often just feeling off and uneasy. Not sure if it’s the live music, poor air quality, perfumes etc, funky carpets, spinning fans and resulting flickering light... lots of stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robby Ivy

Robby Ivy New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Thank you for sharing that.I got in the spirit, started getting dizzy and the next thing you know... bam!

5. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    So glad you are journalling Robby. I try not to write too much about Menier's as well, I don't want it to be my main focus in life. I am at the moment waiting for my delivery of vitamins so I can start the JOH programme. My chiropractor told me yesterday that many of her patients with Meniers are on it and have found improvement. It is a hope I have for myself. In the meantime I journal the positive as much as possible and try very hard to see beyond this disorder. Good luck with your journey.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robby Ivy

Robby Ivy New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Thank you so much Janny! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep me posted, as I will you.

7. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    The vitamins arrived...day one of the JOH programme...fingers crossed.

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    "I write to discover what I think".

~ Daniel J. Boorstin ~

9. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    nice Nathan

10. Barbie

Barbie New Member

Feb 24, 2021
    What is JOH program?

11. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    I’ve been threatening to start a journal the past couple of months. I acquired a fountain pen and need a good excuse to write, so I’ve decided to start journaling. I’m 69, so I’m starting late, but I guess if you don’t start it will never happen.

12. Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31 Member

Feb 10, 2023