1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Questions on john of ohio regimen

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Griffdus, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    RGV spread out your medicine don’t take it all at one time. The way I look at it is you want to have a constant flow into your system over time.

2. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    That's what I've been doing... 500mg 4,5 x per day
    Trying to get to 3000mg, upsets my stomach a bit
    But definitely helps spreading it out...thnx

3. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    So here's an update so far
    Been on JOH for almost 3 weeks
    Valtrex for 2 weeks.
    I was having a nice stretch from Wed May1 thru this Sunday.
    I would say over 24 hrs with no dizziness, sometimes even 36 hrs and slight tinnitus improvement, then dizziness again but would recover after 5-7 hrs and go on another stretch.
    Yesterday, it all collapsed. Felt the dizziness at 10 am and now it's 5pm Tuesday and no recovery. I'm hoping this is the virus trying to fight back.
    I do coach HS softball and yesterday we had an intense game but last week we had 3 games starting Wed and even though I did not have a clear head during the game, after I would recover, but not yesterday. I thought I was breaking through.
    If anyone can jump in on this and the timeline of taking these pills, I'd appreciate it. Thnx

4. reptile2005

reptile2005 New Member

Nov 29, 2016
    I take the following during the day

1000mg of l-lysine as soon as I wake up
    100mg ginko, 10mg vinpoctine, and antiviral with breakfast
    100mg b5 and b6 30 min after breakfast

1000mg l-lysine in between breakfast and lunch

1000mg lemon bioflavanoid, 1000mg vitamin c, Man, and anti viral with lunch

1000mg l-lysine between lunch and dinner

1000mg lemon bioflavanoid, vitamin E, antiviral with dinner

If still not in remission take 1000mg of l-lysine before bed

5. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Thanks for that info
    Does that keep you stable? No dizziness, vertigo ?

6. reptile2005

reptile2005 New Member

Nov 29, 2016
    If I keep to the regimen yes. If I half ass it (IE: only taking the morning pills and forgetting everything else) then I can feel it start returning. Hearing returns to normal levels but still have tinnitus, which is of my least concern when it comes to MD

Low barometric pressure can sometimes be bad enough that I can start feeling off as well, but it has to be close to hurricane levels for me to get that way.

7. David Ash

David Ash New Member

Jun 14, 2019
    Swindon UK
    How are you coping since this post? Are you still taking the anti virals?

8. Hope4Relief

Hope4Relief New Member

Jun 27, 2019
    I’ve been taking the JOH protocol for 5 days starting with 500mg L-Lysine before brfst, mid afternoon, bedtime, Along with a Thorne multivitamin, gingko biloba 120 mg (been using for over about year), pycogenol (3 mos), the fullness in my ears and blowing sound (tinnitis) that was 4 to 5 /10 is now 0 to 1/10). I had a pretty severe vertigo episode about a month ago (used meclizine/Zofran/Formula 303 to get through it without having to go to ER like I’ve done two timin the last 10 years), and have been sticking to a very low salt diet, which is between 300 to 500 mg of sodium per day ( I know this is extremely low, but it seems to help tremendously and I feel fine and I’m still working in a very active job full-time). My Chiropractor showed me how to put a finger alternately in each side of my mouth to press on/massage the muscle from inside my mouth related to TMJ and help it relax and that’s made a huge difference too. Since being on the JOH protocol 5 days, I haven’t felt this good in over 6 mos. So thankful and hopeful! I bought all the vitamins from vitacost He recommends as well as the lemon bioflavonoid from the nutrition express company and plan to continue through the protocol a week at a time with each new supplement. By the way, the L lysing seems to be giving me heartburn, but I’m drinking lots of water and eating bananas/ oatmeal that seem to settle it down. I realize it may take 4 to 6 months before I see full relief, but it’s amazing how much better I feel so far with starting the JOH protocol.

9. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    RGV, hang in there. I started JOH on 3 January 2009 and felt my first relief on St Patricks Day that year nearly 10 weeks later.

I have enjoyed long stretches of relief (sometimes years) ever since and like Reptile above I usually only felt bad when I inadvertently half-assed it.

I'm going on year 30 with the beast and now I take pretty much all of JOH and 2g of valacyclovir per day to try to keep it under control.

For me, the disease has morphed from (a) getting the intense vertigo on occasion and everything that went along with it, into (b) feelings of disequilibrium that last for weeks or months. I saw an otolaryncologist about it and he said I was experiencing burn out and that I would have to retrain my brain to recognize balance again and that I would lose all the hearing in that ear.

That was 18 months ago. I started in on the A/V's in earnest and my hearing has actually improved. Diet is still important. With the A/V's and avoidance of my triggers (salt and alcohol), my hearing is as good as it is in the other ear. And the tinnitus, although ever present, is reduced significantly. Unfortunately, salt and alcohol cannot always be avoided :) so my tinnitus and hearing sometimes suffer, but in the past 18 months I've only had one vertigo attack. At that time, I counted up the remaining antivirals and compared to the prescription date, I realized I had only been taking 1g per day. I immediately jumped back to 2g per day and life has been grand. That was 9 months ago

So, bottom line, for some people with classic Menieres (Vertigo, fullness, hearing loss, tinnitus), the JOH/Antivirals attack strategy can improve or eliminate all of the symptoms. I believe the reason for that is that for us "lucky" sufferers, the cause is viral. It seems there are people with Menieres symptoms with origins that are not viral. But even then, surgery and other treatments (B5/B6 combo, for instance) have resulted in great improvements.

Best of health to you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cvln13

Cvln13 New Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Hey could you give us an update about how the regime is going for you?

11. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I have been on JOH regime for 5 days now and have noticed some increased dizziness and increased pain in the back of head and ears. I am assuming from what I have read here it is normal as it is the virus fighting the lysine so I am making note in my journal of how I feel daily in the hopes of improvement soon. even if slight. I am following this thread with great interest.

12. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    I started the lysine also 6 or so days ago and as ,you ,have had daily dizziness. More so then before taking it. Just wanted you to know your not alone.

13. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Rich thank you. Today seems to be a better day for me so hang in, we are on the same timeline. Let's hope this works for us.

14. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    D
    Did you get a headache at the base of your skull and pain on your MM side?

15. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    yes pain at the base of my skull and all up the back of it...shooting and constant with waves of dizzy. The chiropractor works this area with pressure so it must be linked somehow. It feels like my neck is stiff.

16. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    I think I read somewhere were the herpes virus can settle in the base of the skull so I just attributed to that but I had a case of Lyme last summer and when I had that the base of my skull and neck hurt. I thought maybe the lysine might be attacking the Lyme.

17. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    oh interesting....possibly so