1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Thank you to JOH and all who post here!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by DianeD, Jan 3, 2020.

1. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Diane, I started the Monolaurin based on a few posts on this site by JonBupo (I may have transcribed a letter or two in his name). He thinks the monolaurin/Vitamin C/Lysine trifecta attack is better than pharma. And he appears to be quite knowledgeable about viruses.

I started the B Complex vitamins after reading a post from JOH where he stated he is off his regimen but uses the Complex B (Vitacost Synergy Men's Multivitamin – 180 Capsules, SKU #844197011315) vitamin to help combat the disease. I'm sure there is a similar vitamin for women.

All the best!

2. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Rich. I have been feeling pretty good for over two months.

3. DianeD

DianeD Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Teesdale, have you added another month of symptom-free living? What made you choose a complex vitamin B rather than the B5/B6 combo? I notice that the complex B option usually has only a low dose of the B5/B6, so I take just those 2, but I also read that B12 is important. I had a B12 deficiency as a young adult which caused a temporary deafness in one ear. An ENT doc prescribed the B12 and in a few days my hearing returned! Your post reminded me of that, so I think I should add the B12 to my mix.

I made it to 11 weeks and 2 days vertigo-free! Then yesterday the beast said "I'm baaaaack!" After 5 hours of misery with my head in a bucket, an uncomfortable night, and a husband feeling helpless, I'm left with the usual heightened sensitivity to sound, the Wooshy feeling in my head, and a little dizziness. And I canceled my plans to visit friends a couple hours away from home because I can't risk the drive, which is not helping my mood. Fortunately, this attack happened at home. The only good news is that I'm retired. I can't imagine how so many of you have this and are able to carry on with a job.

In addition to the JOH, I was taking 800 mg. of Acyclovir, 3xday. After a few good weeks, the doc told me to cut back to 2xday. Then I had a miserable week, but kept to the 2xday and got 11 good weeks! A new record! Now I'm wondering if I should go back to 3xday. Anyone else taking this drug at the 2400mg dose/day, and for how long?

4. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    Sorrow to see you had a set back. Just when we think we have a handle on the beast , it attacks. Prayers.

5. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I would definitely increase you AV dose! Many are not able to drop to a lower dose. Try increasing until you feel good again!

6. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    You say your on JOH, what dosage are you taking of lysine?

7. DianeD

DianeD Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Rich, I'm still taking 3000mg/day of Lysine, as per JOH recommendation. Do you have an opinion on this? Thanks for the sympathy and prayers. My friends in real life have no clue! They still ask if I feel dizzy which, we know, doesn't begin to describe vertigo.

I think Gardengal is right in that I should go back to 2400mg day of the Acyclovir. I know I have the herpes virus. I had been taking 200-400mg/day of Acyclovir as a maintenance dose for maybe 20 years, with more when I had a flare up, which was maybe once a year. When I asked the ENT doc for an antiviral for MD in October, I was surprised he didn't switch it since I had been on this one so long, but he said it's still the drug of choice for MD, so he upped my dose to the 2400mg, then cut it back to 1600mg after I had just 3 good weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Diane, I have added another month of symptom free living, thank you for asking. I am attributing it to the Monolaurin/Vitamin C/L-Lysine combination, but of course I will need significantly more healthy months before I can truly attribute it to that.

I am on the complex B vitamin only because I read a JOH post on this site where he said he has moved off of his regimen and now takes the complex Vitamin B. I'm not sure if he attributes his continued symptom-free living to the Vitamin B but I have a great deal of respect for him so I figured either way it would benefit me.

I also think that Gardengal is right and you should up your dosage of the A/Vs. I was on 3g of valacylovir for years until my insurance changed which led to a doctor change and no more prescriptions. I had regular bloodwork done and my readings stayed basically the same throughout the period I was on the A/Vs.

A return to the B12 sounds like a must as well. I believe I will add it to my regimen and see if I can get some improvement on my bad side hearing.

All the Best!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    I believe JOH had increased the lysine up to 5000mg. Pretty sure that was in a later post but if I’m incorrect please somebody correct me