1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Vestibular Migraines/MAV

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Megan Henry, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Went to my neurotologist a few days ago and told him I was concerned because my symptoms seemed to be worsening. He shrugged his shoulders as if to say BFD, walked out and told me to watch my salt. If you live in Colorado DO NOT waste your time with Dr. Robert Muckle. Seems he would prefer to sit at his desk all day and eat doughnuts. Anyways, moving on... my question for all of you awesome people with vestibular migraines or MAV is did you ever get an ecog and did that ecog show fluid in your ear. Do vestibular migraines show up as fluid in your ear. I have textbook vestibular migraine symptoms, except I did have a positive ecog, so I don't know? Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you all! I always appreciate all your help and encouragement. You all have lifted me out of some dark places and I am eternally grateful for each and every one of you.

2. PleaseNoDizzy

PleaseNoDizzy Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I don’t know about the ecog question but where in CO are you? I have a great neuro-oto to recommend depending on where you are in the state. I have a dual diagnosis of vestibular migraine and menieres. The menieres has mostly fallen to the background since my laby in 2018 but the MAV stuff has really stepped up (or maybe was masked by how bad the menieres was for so long). I also now get traditional migraines as of the last 6 months too. It can very easily be both issues even if you don’t get traditional headaches.

3. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Sounds like your Neuro is a dick! Fire him and move to a new one. I have Menieres and MAV. My vertigo turned out to be caused by the MAV. I still do the low sodium cus it helps. I still do a revised JOH cus it helps. I treat for MAV because it eliminates my vertigo. I am more than 6 months free at this point. I'd be surprised if I did not already point you to Buchholz "Heal Your Headache". Nuff said. It's up to you to decide if you want to try it or not. My only other MAV treatment is 25mg per day of Topiramate. My Neuro ENT Dr. did a VNG test in prep for a Laby. Normal results are what tipped the hand towards MAV. My vertigo episodes ended a week or so after I started treating for MAV.