1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

HCTZ

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Megan Henry, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Going back to ol' HCTZ @ 12.5 mg. Could not tolerate the normal mg amount they prescribe for Meniere's. A couple hours after I took it my heart intermittently started to pound and race. Also when I squat and get back up I feel this mild pressure in my chest. Has anyone else had this reaction? I'm praying my body will acclimate and this will stop. Would appreciate any feedback...getting desperate.

2. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    I seem to remember similar effects when I first started on HCTZ 20 years ago. But I acclimated within a week or so.

About 5 years ago I received a batch (cannot recall the manufacturer name) but I started feeling that way again and immediately stopped taking and asked for an alternate manufacturer. I have not experienced that effect since. For what it's worth, my current manufacturer is Apotex Corp.

3. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Thank you for the info. Sorry if this is TMI, but constipation is real when it comes to diuretics and I have it. Did you get this and if so, did you go back to your normal bowel habits after you acclimated to the diuretic?

4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    How many litres/gallons of water do you typically consume on a daily basis?

I preference TMI over TLI, TBH.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Thank you! I also prefer TMI over TLI. I drink at least a half of a gallon of water (with added electrolytes) on a bad day, eat a high fiber diet. I also take a good quality probiotic, fish oil, magnesium. I have a sensitive stomach and get constipated easily. The slightest consumption of dairy or gluten will do it.