1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hough Ear Institute

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mac, Mar 11, 2019.

1. FNC

FNC New Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Just visited Hough yesterday (long way to travel but worth it). I was very impressed by the Dr I saw there. I see them doing great things.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    That's great...I have not been there but I have spoke to them several times. Great group of human beings.

They are trying so hard to start a Phase 2 trial for the MM drug they have...They just need our support!

3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Can't say I didnt try...lol.

As many of you know i was in contact with thse guys in OKC and was trying to help them raise money last year.

Well...great news...A bigtime pharma company came along and is now willing to sponsor their clinical trials. They have had amazing results in Phase 1... and Phase 2 is starting asap!!!

Pretty amazing stuff happening folks...keep your heads up!!!

Oklahoma-Developed Drug Closer To Being Approved To Repair Hearing Loss

Have a great night!

4. recoveringoptimist

recoveringoptimist Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Thank you for sharing this with the board, Mac. I look forward to following their progress. Hope for all of us they can have success with that Phase 2!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sparky

Sparky New Member

Feb 3, 2020
    Very interesting. The experimental drug is a combination of two compounds, one of which is the amino acid N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), that I posted about elsewhere on this forum. I recently began increasing my daily NAC dose to 2,400 mg. during and after attacks. Dose picked randomly. (It's at the high end of what has been used in various behavioral health studies and is below the dose at which NAC may cause stomach upset.) Way too early to tell if it's doing anything for me.

6. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    Thanks Mac! There is hope out there!

7. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Anybody heard anything about the SPI-1005 that Sound Pharmaceuticals is working on? Last I heard it was being fast-tracked but haven't heard anything else about it for a while.

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Spi One Double O Five sounds so top-secret that I'm surprised anyone's heard anything about it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Yes...I was in Phase 1 and 2. I posted a thread on it.

10. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    OK, thanks. I hope this pans out.