1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Collagen peptides???

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by MaryR, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I totally get the PTSD thing and avoiding reading too much when you are feeling good. When I am feeling good I want to only focus on the good! Thanks for checking in though!
    Candida angle is interesting, like you I have had some improvement with peptides and have also tried 6 weeks of gluten free before (2 yrs ago) with no change in symptoms. Don’t know what to think about those data points. Will just keep charging forward.

2. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Hey Mary!

I'm almost finished with a cup of spearmint tea with collagen and indeed it did help with the wobbles. My theory is either it is helping with candida or because spearmint is very good at balancing hormones (particularly in women who are androgen dominant). Thank you for the recommendation. I know you said you don't prefer the strict diets, but you should give the candida cleanse/diet a try. I did it for roughly 2 months and seemed to help pretty substantially. But, then I said screw it, I want to live my life.

3. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    What I had found about leaky gut in the book Super Human - Dave Asprey:

The sad truth is there is plenty of research to show that eating wheat—not just gluten, the protein found in wheat—is aging for the rest of us, too. Wheat causes inflammation and gastrointestinal distress and contributes to autoimmune disease and a host of other issues by stimulating an over-release of zonulin, a protein that controls the permeability of the tight junctions between the cells lining your gut. It does that whether or not you tell yourself that you tolerate wheat just fine.

With excess zonulin, the gaps between your intestinal cells open, allowing bacteria, undigested food, and bacterial toxins to flood into your bloodstream. Those toxins, called lipopolysaccharides, or LPSs, lead to inflammation throughout your body. They make you old, and as you get older, the accumulation of hits from LPSs impacts your health more and more. They do this no matter what you think about gluten.

Gluten also reduces blood flow to the brain, interferes with thyroid function, and depletes your vitamin D stores. As you read earlier, vitamin D deficiency can cause proteins to lose their shape and clump together, forming dangerous and aging plaque deposits.

Sounds serious

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    To treat candida there are medicines and it is advisable to eat a diet low in sugar, cheeses with molds, yeasts and carbohydrates, but above all, the quickest and easiest way to check if an intestinal fungus is the cause of meniere is to take the medicine 2-3 weeks.