1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

So do I have it 8 years later, did I ever have it, or what?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by RetiredTeacher, Feb 16, 2020.

1. RetiredTeacher

RetiredTeacher New Member

Feb 16, 2020
    Thanks, Cheryl, for adding more info to this post! Maybe JOH will see your question and ring in here.

I take "NOW" brand L-Lysine capsules, 500 mg per capsule, and there are 250 capsules in one bottle...found on Amazon. I have no knowledge about chewable l-lysine tablets.

2. meemil

meemil New Member

Oct 27, 2019
    I am using the now brand l-lysine, but 1000mg. The tablets are huge (even bigger than the bioflavonoids) but reduces the pill count nicely.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RetiredTeacher

Feb 16, 2020
    Meemil, I'm all for reducing the pill count, but I don't think I could do anything larger than what I have now (500 mg l-lysine). Does anyone know for sure if the bioflavonoid should be taken on an empty stomach, with food, or any ol' time I think of it? It's like Vitamin C's cousin with superpowers... and is it best absorbed by the body if chewed or broken in half, or is it best broken down during the further digestive process?

4. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I have found no instruction to take LB with food. Instructions do say to take with water. I usually take mine with Vitamin C as it enhances uptake of C.

5. RetiredTeacher

Feb 16, 2020
    Thanks for your input about LB, Onedayatatime.... do you happen to have any references about taking it with Vit. C and how that enhances the uptake of C?? TIA!