1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Psychologist

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Megan Henry, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    I may sound like a completely naive idiot saying this, but seeing a psychologist is essential to getting through this. I didn't realize how much pain I was in. This disease is not for the faint of heart and we're all a bunch of badasses. Keep on rocking! We'll get through this. Seek out a good psychologist who deals with chronic disease. Well worth the money and time. It helps me cope and realize what a wonderful life it is. This disease does not define me, nor will it ever. We can all still have fulfilling, happy lives. I absolutely f&$@ing hate this disease though and the lack of care and research surrounding it. It would drive anyone mad.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Agree the mental part is most important because no matter you may think or how you feel the physical aspect can be dealt with via intervention of surgery for both hearing and vertigo.

A clear mind and thought process is essential. You have options.... do not let menieres control your life use the tools available to take back your life both mentally and physically.

God Bless!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Thanks for this post. I went through four months of hell with this thing in the late summer/fall of this year and really felt at my wits end. I never thought about seeking help with dealing with it but if I run into another bout of misery, I believe it will be my first call.

4. Boston Pilgrim

Boston Pilgrim New Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Boston
    Thank you for posting this Megan! We all think to ourselves, "let's be an adult about this", but we need help as well. Especially during the initial months, I would have hurt myself if not for my family's help and this forum. It started in early November as a blocked ear and progressed to severe tinnitus and hearing loss in my right ear. I still have not had an episode of vertigo (fingers crossed). This is an invisible disease that cannot be seen on a scan or bloodwork so it is easy to think this is all in your head (which my first ENT said as much!) but is a constant miserable companion. Having a strong network of family and friends is key to getting through this. Thank you all for sharing and letting us newbies know that we are not alone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. David G Gamble

David G Gamble New Member

Nov 29, 2019
    Hartford, Connecticut, USA
    Happy to hear