1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Anybody else worried....went to the grocery store tonight

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    And I must admit I bought extra amounts of canned goods, peanut butter, pasta and oatmeal.

The Caronavirus......? What say you

2. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    People are panicking, which is never a good thing. Is it serious, yes, but if everyone uses basic good hygiene, and doesn’t run around shouting “the sky is falling”, I think we will be okay. Remember the scare with h1n1. There were over 12,000 deaths in the US, but there are over 327 million people in the United States, so you’re talking about very, very low percentage. Not a health related scare, but also remember Y2K. People were so sure that something horrific was going to happen and nothing did. I’m not saying that we should all ignore it, but everyone needs to take a step back and not panic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Nope. Not worried. Not yet, anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    Nope.... taking my L lysine and vitamin C...should have it covered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I am concerned, and I think everyone should be, but some people are just plain out panicking. I did see someone wearing a mask when I was out running errands a couple of days ago, but other than that, I have not seen any evidence that people are overreacting--no evidence of anyone buying what looks like extra supplies, no empty grocery store shelves. At this point I would want to avoid travel and very crowded venues if I had any plans to do those things--which I don't--but beyond that I am continuing with my normal routine.

6. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    I agree with everything everyone posted....very true
    BUT
    As the old saying goes it’s never a problem until it is.

we never think it will never effect us until it does.

I just wish it was not politicized but like everything else today it is and will continue to be.

kinda sad if you ask me.

7. Gustav123

Gustav123 Is it great yet?

May 12, 2014
    Hmmm, someone VERY like you once said years ago that they were thinking of firing any employee that had a bumper sticker that said voter for_______.

8. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Lol

I just turned 50 the first week of February and officially retired February 26th on my youngest sons 12th birthday.

looking forward to a quiet life on Lake Keowee in South Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains fly fishing the rest of my days away with family and friends and the occasional vacation with the Chief.

The only thing on my mind is Sailfish, Trout, Tarpon, Bonefish and Tarpon.......Not employees or politics.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Congrats on your retirement! #Jealous.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Some things never change.

11. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    A photo of a shop in Berlin.

Attached Files:

12. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Enjoy your retirement!

13. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Luckily, some things do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Oh, how pretty, Nathan. I'm counting the days.

15. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    I'm not panicking but I did just cancel a trip to San Francisco (involving air trave) to meet up with my brother and sisters for a sibling reunion. I wouldn't have canceled it, but I watch my granddaughter 2 days a week and my daughter, her mother, is 4 months pregnant so I can't afford to take a week off on vacation and then 2 weeks to ensure that I'm not just pre-symptomatic.

I was really looking forward to going, but in this case, I believe being extra cautious is warranted.

BD, congrats on retiring and welcome to the club!

16. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    ^^^I don’t blame you, especially with a pregnant daughter and watching grandchildren. No reason to take unnecessary risks.

No need to panic now but just wait if this stuff starts spreading through elementary, middle and high schools. I pray it doesn’t.

Took a little road trip to Florida Coast Thursday Friday and Saturday about a 5 hour drive so cleaning company could deep clean the house and take the kids deep sea fishing.

My Nephews first time.

Attached Files:

17. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    E3C91EC4-5BF4-4E5E-8752-5BD07D5A0D28.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Oh my God Joe! And isn't this what life is all about? I have "known" you through this website for 8 years. What a journey we both have been on. You my friend have made it to the other side with your boys and "Chief" by your side. And so have I. Both of us so blessed. We made it! Congrats on your retirement. Someday we need to meet in NSB. My heart is full for you and your family. God bless!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
  20. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Everyone stay safe and healthy,
    This shit is real!!!

the news coming out of Italy and France is downright scary.

We’re all gonna make it through with positivity and prayers.

God Bless us all.

Red,
    You and your husband be safe around all those grandkids you are spoiling down in NSB Florida