1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

On a lighter side......

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Does everybody have a hobby or passion they enjoy to get away or relieve stress.

I have 2

I enjoy fly fishing (I just love the solitude and nature of it all)

I also enjoy collecting sports cards. Mostly baseball cards but I am slowly getting an interest in basketball cards because my sons love basketball. (I just enjoy going to card shows and the collecting community)

what are yours?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Playing guitar when my ear can tolerate it and doesn’t pitch shift the sound, lol, and motorcycle rides on country roads. Both my solitude and happy places.

Great topic, thanks for starting it! Anxious to see the replies.
    —Kevin

3. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Hey Kevin

those are two awesome hobbies. One of the things I have always regretted was not learning an instrument.

my 8th grader takes Piano Lessons and plays Tuba in his middle school band and my 6th grader plays clarinet in the same band and also takes private lessons....he loves it.

My nephew who lives with my wife and I and is in elementary school doesn’t play an instrument yet....he thinks he’s going to play running back for the Georgia Bulldogs .....lol

I’m glad the laby has helped you being able to return to riding your motorcycle down country mountain roads...that sure looks like a great way to get away and relax/ relieve stress.

BD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Last year I couldn't even shore fish without falling over. Fishin from a boat deck was out of the question. This year, I'll be back at it without fear.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    ^^^very nice

I love surf fishing.....always wanted to go to the outer banks and do it late summer early fall but never have.

6. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I'm actually looking at purchasing a small fishing boat this year as I enter retirement this Fall. Something used and depreciated. Sized for 3. Perfect!

7. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    That’s awesome Oneday ^^^^

I usd to have a little 17ft Boston Whaler Super Sport that my wife and used to get around the lake and the Florida Keys but when the kids came along we went to a Tri-Hull Pontoon.

It is what it is....lol. I do miss my little Whaler to buzz around in by myself.

8. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I love being outdoors whether it is hiking in the White Mountains or riding my bike on the beach in NSB. By the way during the month of February my husband and I rode our beach cruisers 141 miles mostly beach riding.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Red,
    That is awesome...there is nothing better than a nice bike ride along the shore either by yourself or with your best friend/husband.

Thinking about you and all those wonderful grandkids your spoiling be safe during these times and stay healthy. I know you will!!!!

10. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Thanks Joe. You too be safe. I am sure Chief has everything in order :)

11. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Hey Red,

she has it all on lockdown. I never thought I would hear 3 boys say they wish they could go to school. but per her doctors orders she is mandating 30 minutes of exercise a day so

I have a new hobby...riding mountain bikes with the boys in the morning on moun TY win trails for an hour then after dinner a nice walk with the Chief and her sister to decompress and have adult time.

PS...the ocean must be beautiful without the crowds. Just so much majestic natural beauty. Nothing better than listening the waves crash ashore. Be safe

God Bless,

12. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Joe how I wish our beach was as you described. Unfortunately our Mayor opened our beach to all the spring breakers who were turned away from the beaches north and south of us. It is not a good situation. We are in limbo as is the rest of our country waiting to see the consequences of our actions to be responsible or not.

I think you and Chief are awesome parents! Mountain biking, hiking anything to get those boys outdoors. As you know I raised two boys along with my best friend my husband. We kept them busy and tired out. We all slept well at night. Our boys along with our daughter in-laws are outside every day exercises our 4 beautiful grandchildren. We are blessed and even though times are tough right now don't forget that God is good. Bless you Joe and Chief (love that nickname) and your beautiful family.

13. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Red,
    I just saw that. Governor DeSantis and the mayor have to do something. That is just awful. It is on the 10:00 news here in Atlanta.

14. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    BD, not sure if your ear is playing a role in you not playing an instrument, but I didn't pick up a guitar until the ripe old age of 60 and now at 61, I have a dozen songs my wife can tolerate me playing and I hope to increase that number substantially while in lockdown. It's never too late.

Besides that, yoga with Adriene on youtube is keeping me sane. It's the best 30 minutes (roughly) of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    TD,

that is awesome, playing the guitar seems like a great way to pass time in these trying days.

I took a walk today and believe it or not I sat on a bench with my kids and did a little bird watching....they all got binoculars for Christmas last year. It was lots of fun.

The Chief (my wife) loves to do yoga and that is great you do it. Keep it up my friend.

Stay safe and Healthy
    BD