1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Anybody else worried....went to the grocery store tonight

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    That 76 was total deaths to date for NY.

2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Affirmative. Which means that, at this time, one person isn't dying every ten minutes in NY.

3. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Typo I was referring to Europe as that was the post I was referring.... now I think the death total is far above one every 10 minutes in Italy.

my bad. I did not mean NY (typo)

4. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    I pray it never gets there, I fear it will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    I figured something like that. Italy is actually much higher than every 10 minutes. They have surpassed a fatality every 2 minutes as of yesterday.

6. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    The coronavirus killed city residents at a rate of more than one per hour on Friday.

Between just 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., 14 people in New York City died from the virus, pushing the Big Apple’s total death toll to 43.

The toll had been 29 prior to Friday’s jump in deaths.

7. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    ^^^as reported by N.Y. Times and NY Post......

But I was referring to Europe.

8. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Yes. I have tried to minimize what I read/listen to because of this. The stress is affecting me both physically and mentally--not sleeping and when I do, I have nightmares, barely eating. My Meniere's is aggravated due to the stress.

9. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Great reminder, Jon. Thanks.

10. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    To deploy a necessary caveat.

If reports of recent events—intelligence; information—induce an acute stress response when consumed within reasonable parameters, the sine qua non of psychological resilience should be emphasised, & the juxtaposition of maladaptive coping mechanisms such as avoidance, & adaptive coping mechanisms of exposure & mindfulness should be established.

11. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    I guess patient zero is a lady who worked at a seafood /Shrimp market in Wuhan according to reports. She survived.

I just cannot believe one little lady could cause such a world wide crisis... it is just hard to fathom

12. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    It took a series of catastrophic missteps to get us where we are now, not just one person. Those missteps started with small, local decisions which created a domino effect, leading to further missteps per country, and ultimately globally.

Is the lake warm enough to swim yet? How do your kids feel about all of this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Lake is not quite there yet, late April or early May it starts to warm up.

oldest son 14 has an interest but the other 2 just don’t understand why they can’t go to the beach for spring break.

We are kinda hunkered down except for family walks and bike rides. Lots of ping pong, basketball, playing catch and shooting pool with the kids to pass time. No socializing that’s for sure and lots of washing hands.

14. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Joe we returned to NH the first of March for family with plans of returning to Florida last week. Needless to say we are staying put in NH. So thankful that we have a choice. NSB is not doing a great job of controlling the crowds in our beautiful beach time. Mayor refuses to close the beach so all the people who would go to beaches north and south of us that are closed have invaded NSB. Not a place to be right now. The good news is we are home with our kids. We go for walks outside with them but that's it. NH is waking up from winter and we have had some beautiful walks along Lake Winnipesaukee. Feeling blessed. Take care and stay safe everyone.

15. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    That’s unbelievable Red
    The hard working residents get run out of town because of sheer stupidity and ignorance by a few.

oh well, at least New Hampshire will be coming into spring and from what I hear it’s magnificent in that part of the country in Spring and summer

be safe and stay healthy

god bless

16. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Ya know, I try to live my life as normal as possible with the masks and getting exercise but I must admit this is scary.....

If they told you tomorrow the schools were back open would you send your kids/grandkids?

I understand every position and see both sides....I really do believe when you have to feed a family and pay a mortgage and car ect.....all jobs are essential and we should not be picking winners and losers.

I’m just scared there are no guarantees for a 50 year old man like myself what the outcome would be if I caught this.

Just scary times especially if you have or your child or grandchild has an underlying health condition

i just pray the Rosary every night it all goes away or there is a vaccine soon.

god bless stay safe and healthy

Bulldogs / Joe

17. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    I responded between your quote. I understand where you’re coming from, and hope you guys stay well.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Are you all from the US here? From Europe it is very curious to see how you face the covid with States decreeing confinements against others that do not, or lifting the restrictions after two weeks; but about seeing the demonstrations of people against the protection measures.

19. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    People from all over the world frequent this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    I have no idea how I inserted that quote twice. I’m gifted.

• Winner Winner x 1