1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I need a crystal ball

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gymmom, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Gymmom

Gymmom New Member

Mar 6, 2020
    Hello. I’m a 55 year old newbie here. First time to ever experience vertigo. Day 28. I got the shingles vaccine Jan. 28th then exactly 2 weeks later my symptoms presented while on vacation. First clogged ear and trouble hearing out of right one. Next morning the dizzy drunk feeling. I thought I’d had too much Caribbean rum punch! Every day since then looks the same. Tinnitus, brain fog, balance issues, vertigo and extreme fatigue. Worst in the mornings. This is not me! I force myself to exercise (safely) bc that’s when I feel most normal. I’ve gone to the ENT twice. High dosage of pred didn’t do a thing (first time ever! It always helps with my two other auto immunes).OTC Meclizine doesn’t help much. Now I have my diuretics and a betahistine. I don’t know that they’re helping. MRI normal. Scheduled for VNG and PT. ENT agreed to give me Valtrex when I put two and two together with the shot. She only gave me 7 days so clearly she doesn’t understand what I’m trying to accomplish. I don’t have shingles. I truly believe the vaccine caused my onset that has been suggested maybe MD. I’m switching to a neuro ENT and have an appt. Thursday. Yay. I’m also seeing an upper cervical chiro. Not a caffeine person. Lowering salt. Alcohol drinks make me feel great but I don’t want to have to drink ever. Considering JOH regimen. My question is do I do that alongside an AV or instead of? Mostly sitting around reading and researching bc I don’t feel like doing anything else. Have I covered it all? Thanks for any support.

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    My regimen, centered on lysine as the active agent suppressing herpes virus replication (the other elements support circulation, the immune response, etc.) can be used very usefully in coordination and during antiherpetic therapies (the antiviral drugs). No conflict whatsoever. Most likely they reinforce each other.

Of course, as you may have learned, response to either therapy is not usually prompt. It can take weeks or several months to gain levels of symptomatic relief. And, at the start, symptoms often get worse, as the viruses increase their activities when being acted upon by either lysine or the antiherpetic drugs.

But when that happens, it indicates that the antivirals (either, or both) are having an effect on the virus. In time, the viruses get burned out. So, persist, even if initial responses seem contrary; with worsened symptoms.

And, be sure to post, here, your experiences.

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Gymmom, the shingles vaccine is a herpes strain so it seems like this would support that your symptoms are a result of virus activation. I hope you are on the A/Vs by now, but if not you may want to bring the Dr. Gacek Study to your doctor and look him/her straight in the eye and say you don't want to feel this way anymore and have the prescription filled to the amount specified in the study.

Good luck to you.

4. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Try anti virals. As teesdale said, shingles is a reactivation of a herpes virus. Made a huge difference for me.

5. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Has anyone received the new shingles vaccine, which I understand is inactive virus, without issue? My health care provider is suggesting I get the vaccine, and I am concerned about doing so.

6. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Yes, I've had Shingrix with no problem. You're right -- it's not a live vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I had it. No problems.

• Like Like x 1
  8. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I had it with no problem.

• Agree Agree x 1