1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Gentamicin drops?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Qntario, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Qntario

Qntario Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Has anyone had the gentamicin drops before? Or read anything about it? I can't find any info online about it.

3 years ago I had a round of the shots. My vertigo came back a couple of months ago. I was planning on getting the shots again from the same doctor, but hes got a 7 month wait. While I'm waiting, I saw a new otologist. Thanks to the Covid outbreak, all the hearing clinics are closed, so he can't do the gentamicin shots. He was able to give me a steroid injection though. He said in a few weeks if I'm not any better, he could put a tube in my ear and give me the gentamicin drops. He said you administer them yourself at home each day until it kicks in. As usual, all the questions I should have asked at the time, came to me later when I got home. Shouldn't doing the drops require a hearing test as well? I'm assuming its a low dose then?

Just asking here to see if anyone has any experience with this type of treatment.

2. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    There is a detailed account of a girl that did drops. Saera is her name...you could try and search her name then her posts.

• Agree Agree x 1