1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Attacks are back

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Blakeh, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to give updates on my progress, especially since I reference this site so much for my own recovery with Menieres.

Attacks are back with steady nausea in between attacks.

I've been taking 3g of North Star acyclovir daily, along with JOH. I was feeling pretty good for about 2-3 months, then one month ago, I was on the road for work for about 4 weeks, stopped JOH, working 12-15 hours a day, worked 14 days in a row, sleeping about 5-6 hours a night and only eating once a day. I believe this is what stressed my body out, and hurt my immune system.

I am currently back on JOH, continuing anti virals and trying to get healthy again.

2. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Not sure of your age, but stress was a big player in my sitch. The older I got, the more stress manifested itself in physical issues. Diet was another big player. After 3 plus years, I finally discovered MAV was what triggered my attacks. Regardless, we gotta find a way to stay healthy in the current crisis.

3. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I am 40 years old. I typically am a healthy eater, however during that time period I was not eating healthy nor enough, which can certainly cause stress on my body, I was also stressed mentally from work, so it was the double whammy!

4. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Blakeh, I think you have correctly diagnosed yourself. I have found over the years whenever I inadvertently stop taking the supplements, I dive right back into the symptoms. I particularly believe in the 3g of L-Lyzine daily. Get back on the JOH and treat yourself better and you will be healthy again before you know it.

Best of health to you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Agree with Tees. Get back on the wagon Blakeh. You need stability right now. No swings in diet, supplements, sleep and do whatever is needed to reduce other psychologoical stress factors.
    Iknow, I know. Easier said then done.

6. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Thank you. Things are getting progressively worse.

7. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    I thought my attacks were all Menieres related as I had all the classic syptoms and diagnosis from three different dr.s. My current Doc did a VNG to start getting ready for Laby land but the results came back as normal vestibular function. Good for me I did not get the Laby as it would not have fixed my attacks. Doc started treating me for Migraines and my vertigo and dizzy went away. After 3 years of jacking with this crap, the weekly vertigo came down to MAV. Oh, and I never really had headaches. MAV was in front of my face the entire time. I ruled it out cus I never had headaches.

Have you ruled out MAV? After 3 months of AV's, they do not appear to be working if you are still spiraling down. AV's did not help me either.

8. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Another thing about my symptoms. They were cyclical. I seemed to be on a 30 day pattern where I would decend into the pit of Hell and then climb out to very few symptoms. Early in my journey, as my hearing was declining, the supplements helped, low salt helped. As I progressed, nothing seemed to help. The attacks became more frequent.

9. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Did you have hearing loss? Loud ringing in ears? Fullness of ears? Combined with vertigo attacks?

People with MAV generally do not, I unfortunately have all of the above.

10. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Yes. All of the above. Also, left ear has no discernable hearing remaining. The ear basically went from perfect hearing to where it is at today in less than 2 years. My Dr. beleives I suffer from both Menieres and MAV.

11. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019

12. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    I am wondering what the recommended treatment is to help with MAV?

13. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Read Buchholz "Heal your headache". Costs $9.

14. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Blakeh - How are you doing? Did your episodes subside?