1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Foot, leg, hip problems?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AnneT, Apr 25, 2020.

1. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Plantar fasciitis (or undiagnosed recurrent heel stress fracture or bone spur?) just keeps coming back.

Anyone else develop problems with your feet, knees, legs, etc? I'm wondering if being off balance is contributing to my heel pain.

It doesn't help that I've gained weight, especially over the last year. If I could exercise harder, I could lose the weight! But I'm off balance and in pain, so I have to go easy to treat the pain. And if I weighed less, there would be less stress on my limbs... I've got a Catch-22 going on! Not to mention the CFS that flares up if I over-exercise, and the Remeron to help the anxiety causes weight gain.

2. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I think that being off-balance could definitely cause joint, back, or foot issues. When you aren't walking "right" it puts extra stress on those areas. Being overweight also puts extra stress on those areas.

I had plantar fasciitis but was told it was caused by walking barefoot all the time. I started wearing shoes and it resolved. I have some hip and back issues but those are caused by bone spurs in my lower spine and arthritis in my hips--particularly the right hip. I am not overweight or it would probably be worse. I stopped exercising after my gym was forced to close. Some forms of exercise help, but others aggravate the pain.