1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

NEW

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lacebug, May 1, 2020.

1. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    I am new to this group, having had only my second Meniere's attack in 15 years. This one was triggered by stress and a high salt diet. I had my vertigo/vomit last week, but this week I felt fullness in my ear, and my tinnitus was louder than normal. last night I got out of bed to go to the toilet and experienced horizontal nystagmus.

Can some kind person out there tell me whether it is normal to continue to experience some symptoms (aural fullness, nystagmus etc) following full blown vertigo, and how long do these symptoms typically last?

2. Dario

Dario Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Melbourne
    Hi there, this disease is different for all of us - you'll find there are so many variations once you get talking to different people. I've only had 3 vertigo attacks in about 4 years but I do get some ear fullness and slight vertigo that lingers from time to time. It just pops up and sticks around for a bit without it turning into anything more sinister. Hope this helps.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    Dario, the one symptom I have all the time is tinnitus. Do you also?

4. Dario

Dario Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Melbourne
    Not all the time but it does definitely linger from time to time. Most people do have it all the time though so you are not alone

5. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    Thanks Dario. It's pretty scary. I guess what I'm feeling now is the wash-off from my full blown attack last week. Hence the aural fullness, lightheadedness, etc. Hopefully it will gradually fade like it did last time and not return for another 15 years! In the meantime, i'll try and get my anxiety disorder under control and eat a very low sodium diet and no alcohol. That first ever attack left me with pretty hammered hearing in my left ear. I guess things could be a lot worse though.

6. Dario

Dario Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Melbourne
    You need to find what your specific triggers are as we are not all the same. Alcohol doesn't trigger me at all and I don't think salt does either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi Dario
    Stress is what triggers all of my symptoms. I have constant tinnitus but when i get stressed then the tinnitus becomes louder and i feel aural pressure also.

8. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Same here.