1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

If Dr won't prescribe anti virals

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by jkc, Mar 23, 2019.

1. jkc

jkc Member

May 12, 2014
    If desperate to get Valtrex and Dr. won't prescribe you can go to getroman.com. It's a website with real Doctors mainly specializing in erectile dysfunction but they also will prescribe Valtrex for Herpes.They will do a phone consult according to their website.

2. Jedirusty

Jedirusty New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Did you have to lie to get them to prescribe something?

3. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I went to my GP, took the evidence of success and he wrote me the script. Find another Dr. He works for you!

4. Jedirusty

Jedirusty New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    what was the dosage he gave you?

5. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    valacyclovir, 1000mg 3 times each day for 90 days. It did not help me.

6. recoveringoptimist

recoveringoptimist Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Onedayatatime, this is the situation I'm finding myself in. I'm a week out from 90 days and I haven't seen any relief for the fullness or tinnitus. B5/B6 was already helping with the dizziness, thankfully.

Have you found anything that's worked for your symptoms? I'm not sure where to go next.

7. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    In my sitch, I worked my way thru 3 different ENT/OTO and finally a OTO/Neuro. Been diagnosed with Menieres by all three. My symptoms were cyclical and the frequency kept getting tighter with time to the point I was having 3 hour vertigo attacks every week. My doc finally decided to prep for a laby as my ear was pretty much dead with regards to speech recognition. The turning point was the VNG test that showed vestibular function between both ears as balanced or normal. At that point doc said we were on a new bunny trail which really pissed me off. I was so done with all this. He wanted to treat me for migraines to see if I responded. I knew all about MAV cus I read about it here. Blew it off cus I do not get bad headaches. I told him I felt it was more wasted time. Then he advised if he did the Laby and it turned out to be MAV, I would still be having the same attacks.

Two weeks into the treatment(25 mg verapamil) and the vertigo was gone. I also read Buchholz's "Heal your Headache" and went all in on the migraine diet. That was 8 months ago. As I fine tuned the prescription(on topirimate now), I managed to get rid of all the remaining dizzy as well. I have not had any dizzy for 3 months. I asked doc about the lost ear and his comment was that he beleives I have both Menieres and MAV. My sitch is rather atypical. I wish I would have explored the MAV possibility sooner. The book cost $8 and the diet cost nothing except for the 15 pounds I lost.

I have written numerous times to many different folks to do all the easy stuff to see what works and what doesn't. When something ain't workin, drop it and move on to a new idea a new therapy. The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. AV's did not work for me, but I tried them for 90 days and then moved on. Steroids never worked for me. Got to the point I would refuse the script when the doc ordered them. Doctors stuck in a paradigm is why I changed doctors 3 times. You gotta keep movin forward towards the goal of getting well. You must take control as nobody else really cares that much. Eventually, the easy stuff plays out and you need to make hard choices. You will know when you reach that point. I hope and pray you find a quality OTO/Neuro doc before you get there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi one day at a time,
    Wondering if the new diet got rid of fullness in the ears or tinnitus? Also are you still on medication? thanks

9. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Ear fullness is pretty much a thing of the past. With my left ear hearing gone my Dr. tells me the tinnitus will not go away. I have had it so long now, it is background noise.

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Tinnitus is the least of the problems in my opinion. For tinnitus, psychological therapy and sound habituation can be tried, which in many cases helps to not perceive it consciously or reduce its volume by 60-80%.

For me the worst is vertigo, the residual instability that I feel in my head on good days, and something that makes me very tired and stressed is the plugging in my ears. There are times when it is so high that I feel like my ear is going to explode and expel water.