1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Well this is just confusing?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lacebug, May 5, 2020.

1. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    Has anyone else noticed that clenching or manipulating their jaw can bring on bouts of dizziness/nystagmus/fullness? What's that all about?

2. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Hello Lacebug. TMJ can cause those things I believe. Work looking into. Good luck. Do you have MM?

3. Terrell

Terrell New Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Yes in my case the jaw is part of problem as well as part of the solution. My osteopath has been very helpful with jaw manipulation. If it causes the problems you could be iritating the Vegus nerve which when stimulated a certain way causes you to throw up. In COVID times i use manual and electric massage on the jaw and neck to aleviate symptoms. but if you are causing symptomswith manipulation, you may want to seek professional help to deal with issue. Some swear by mouth guards to help others can't stand them. be willing to experiment a bit. But do share your findings.

4. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    Here I thought it was just me? It's pretty rare but on my bad days I can torque my neck a bit and I'll get worse. Just dizziness in my case. Every other time I go to the dentist I ask them to double-check me for TMJ but so far I've been cleared.

5. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    The jaw, ear, & associated nerves & muscles, such as the sternocleidomastoid & trigeminal nerve are interrelated.

Consider by analogy a multicoloured tapestry — pull any one individual thread & many colours within the tapestry are potentially animated.

• Like Like x 1