1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Can vertigo wake you up?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lacebug, May 7, 2020.

1. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    Does anyone else wake in the middle of the night with dizziness/vomiting? Until now my MD only affected me during the day. This is a frightening new development

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Hi Lacebug, I haven't had it happen for a number of years, but yes, it can and does happen.

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry for your suffering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    It seemed to happen because i was sleeping on my 'bad ear'.

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    My first attack was sleeping. I woke up dizzy lying on my ear good, when I rolled over in bed BOOM! Vertigo attack. As I already had hearing loss and tinnitus I was diagnosed as "possible" meniere.

You may not have meniere and have had normal positional vertigo. But just in case I'm taking betahistine, starting the JOH + Monolaurin regimen and going to the physio to fix the cervicals and my jaw.

I recommend that you at least try antivirals or the JOH regimen or monolaurin. I am going to combine JOH + monolaurin and if it does not work I will add antivirals. In this forum there are many people who have improved and even recovered with this.

Good news to encourage you, a doctor friend of my mother also has meniere. Her first vertigo attack was 25 years ago and since then she has had only a few minor dizziness in just a few minutes. Of course, he has recommended me to leave the salt, not to make efforts like lifting weights and only drink liquids when I am thirsty.

Another (maybe) good new: This month otonomy should publish the results of her final clinical trial of delayed-action steroid injections for meniere. If the test is positive, many people with this disease will be able to lead a normal life just by having an injection in the ear every 3 months and that I prefer to take 2 betahistine pills every day for life.

5. Lacebug

Lacebug New Member

May 1, 2020
    Annandale NSW
    Thanks for making me feel a lot better about this. I have to go and have an MRI today. I'm terrified I have a brain tumour, even though my ENT assures m the chances are less than 1%, especially considering my first attack was 15 years ago.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Lacebug, when you had the vertigo during the night, how long did it last? Did you actually have vomiting? Was it dizziness or actual vertigo?

7. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I have woken up in the middle of night with dizziness a few times but only a full blown attack once.

• Like Like x 1
  8. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    When I was having the full-blown vertigo, it almost always happened when I was sleeping.

• Like Like x 1
  9. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Vertigo happens whenever it wants to

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Vertigo has woken me out of a sound sleep while on vacation. I had to crawl to the bathroom where I spent the rest of the night. No fun for sure. Usually, it hit me during the day.