1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

One year update,,,

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rgv, May 1, 2020.

1. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I hope some of this helps. I was diagnosed with atypical Menieres on Jan 2019.
    My symptoms were 24,7 dizziness, loss of hearing , tinnitus. I had a major vertigo attack the night it all started but none after so That's why they called it atypical.
    To make a long story short, I tried all things
    Many doctors, many tests of every kind, etc. I was dizzy 24,7 with intense tinnitus
    I couldn't even finish coaching softball because the dizziness was that bad.
    I decided to take matters in my own hands and followed JOH regimen, plus Bennyhills regime.

All in all, I started taking the following on April 26:
    Lysine, b5, b6, Vinpocetine, bioflavanoid, olive leaf extract, and lastly valtrex
    My symptoms started to dissipate on May 15. I have been virtually symptom free for about a year now.

I was able to stop taking valtrex 12 weeks ago,,, olive leaf extract and Vinpocetine about 6 weeks ago and no change yet. I will hold off on lysine, b5, b6 for a while longer.
    Maybe it will come back as I have heard, so not getting overly excited but life has gotten 100x better.

I hope some of you will have similar luck trying some of the above. It's a very tough disease so wishing you all better health,,, and doctors just don't get it so if you have to tackle this on your own, so be it. I haven't visited here much lately but wanted to give everyone an update to help.
    I'll check back again, I'm sure. A big Thank you to JOH and Bennyhill!
    Peace,
    Ron
    Ps,,,my mg amounts are:
    2000 Lysine
    150 b6
    100 b5
    10 vincpoctine
    500 bioflavanoid
    2000 -3000 valtrex
    100 olive leaf extract

2. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Oh, forgot 1important thing,,,
    Keep the salt intake low
    I was/still take in less than 2000mg sodium per day

3. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    That’s great and encouraging news! Glad to hear It! Anecdotally, I have found that every time I reduce lysine below 3,000MG/day, symptoms return. I also take 3,000MG/day of OLE and 1,600MG/day of acyclovir, reduced recently from 2,400-3,200MG/day.

I wish you continued success!
    Kevin

• Like Like x 2
  4. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi Rgv,
    Great news and so happy to hear of your success!
    Wondering if your tinnitus is completely gone and if your hearing also came back to normal? thanks

5. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    It's still hanging around but nothing compared to what it was. Sometimes I think maybe this was my hearing prior. Definitely not something I even notice much anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel.E

Daniel.E New Member

Jan 28, 2020
    I have exactly the same symptoms... almost permanent dizziness, fullness, no vertigo.. 24/7 for 9 months in a row already.. I tried all sorts of things, nothing seems to work... kind of hopeless at this moment..

7. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Did you try the JoH regimen ?
    Antivirals?
    B5, b6?
    Honestly, I took so many supplements, I can't say for sure which worked, but something or all helped, that I do know. Antiviral as well, that may have been the bigger one for recovery
    Plus the lower salt intake which I have even increased lately but very slowly

8. Edward

Edward New Member

May 8, 2020
    One thing to point out is that it is hard to prove any of these supplements work or special diets work.

It is extremely easy to think a certain diet or supplement works only because your body was able to finally heal itself internally.

So many times I thought this or that food made a difference, only to experiment and find it didn't make any difference. I've done so many stupid things with my diet thinking certain foods cuased me problems, only to later learn that diet did not matter at all and it was all just coincidences when my ear just happened to cycle from bad to good.

Its still worth trying what you can but many times you just need time to heal back to normal. It took me 3 years to get a full recovery but it progressively got better with time. I really think the lipo flavonoid plus helped me but I can't even be certain of that anymore. I've really lowered my dosage now and I bet if I stopped completely my cochlear hydrops issues would not come back. I'm just too scared to take a chance but I'm on a very low dosage of a half a pill a day to a quarter a pill a day.

My main point is that for some people who got better, it is probably because of time. But it is worth to stop eating this or that food, or maybe eat more of a certain food to see if it has any affects, you need to experiment just in case something like sodium really does make a difference.

At the end of the day your body needs to sort out its issue, some people are lucky and some are not.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi Edward, I’m glad you have found relief. Hoping you stay well!