1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

B6 and B5

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Johnnypotpie, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Johnnypotpie

Johnnypotpie New Member

May 12, 2020
    TLDR-

I am finding low sodium, 1500 mg per day in combination with B5, 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg B5 also in the morning, along with my multi in the afternoon, which has small amounts of B5 and B6 in at as well, has made a huge improvement for me. Prior, my attacks lay on the floor, crawl to the toilet to vomit. At its worst, it is complete incapacity and at its best just a general uneasy wonkiness. Tinnitus is also less in my affected ear since starting this regimen.

The whole story-

I was diagnosed a year ago with a vestibular abnormality after having a major infection from a tooth that required massive amounts of antibiotic in a short period of time. (Thru IV.) (Septic) Coincidentally, I did lose more hearing in my bad ear as well. But what occurred after the infection and surgery were horrible dizzy spells that would render me completely useless, hence the Menier's diagnosis from the ENT who performed surgery on my infection while I was in the hospital. While I already had hearing loss, the ENT's all said I now have Meniere's and the infection or the treatment were not related to the dizziness. A doctor of audiology who performed my VNG said I do not think it is Meniere's, but rather a vestibular abnormality caused by the massive amounts of antibiotic I took in 24 hours, something like 20 bags of clindamycin. After the diagnosis of a vestibular abnormality the Dr of audiology said your brain will repair the situation and your dizziness will go away. It did over time, but then this year wham, it just showed up again. So, I said to myself lets just assume it is Meniere's, I have all of the symptoms (I was desperate, the dizzy spells are overwhelming) and started low sodium, which my ENT recommended the first time around. I added the B5 and B6 after reading about it on this site. Coincidentally, the last attack I had before starting all of this was the morning after the evening I ate a pizza that had 1700 mg of sodium in it. Since moving to this therapy I am 100% better. I would say normal with the exception of a moment or two where something passes, but it is not overwhelming in any way, it just passes. I am very thankful and have held back on writing until I knew this therapy worked, it has been 6 weeks or so. Thank you for this site!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    I also believe that antibiotics (in part) caused my issues; I'm rarely sick, but became very sick, a month before my ear problems began. I was given antibiotics. When I started having pressure in my ear, I was once again given antibiotics. When I mentioned it to my primary care physician, I got more antibiotics. Three times in three months. I've read that antibiotics can wreck your digestive track, which is said (not by doctors, though) to cause food allergy issues. I stayed away from gluten for awhile - wheat definitely caused my nausea/dizziness. I ate foods that supposedly build up your digestive track. Now I eat pizza every other week when I feel like it, but I generally stick to healthier foods. My ear problems (tinnitus and low frequency hearing loss) remain.

3. Johnnypotpie

Johnnypotpie New Member

May 12, 2020
    Oops I meant to say in the first part of my post 100mg of B6 and 100 mg of B5. Instead I said B5 and B5! Oops.

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    100mg is not too much?

100mg is not too much? I started yesterday with vitamin B complex and B5 each capsule brings 18mg which is 300% of the necessary daily dose.

It would be nice if more people who take vitamin B and it have worked tell us in what amounts to get an idea.

5. Johnnypotpie

Johnnypotpie New Member

May 12, 2020
  6. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Thanks, then I have to take 18 capsules of my vitamin B complex for 100mg B6 :eek: When I buy a new bottle I will look for a more powerful one. :D

7. recoveringoptimist

recoveringoptimist Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Glad to hear this is working for you, Johnnypotpie. This is the exact dose I began taking last fall and it has done wonders for my symptoms. I still get ear fullness when I have too much sodium or I’m dehydrated, but dizziness has been rare. In fact, the one week I had dizziness return was when I switched from taking a 100mg of B5 and 100mg of B6 to a B complex that had 100mg of both. I assumed the change was the issue and went back to the individual vitamin tablets.

IvanA - check out vitacost.com. I’ve purchased 100mg tablets of both there.

8. Johnnypotpie

Johnnypotpie New Member

May 12, 2020
    I really feel like this combination has been a life saver for me. Glad it is working for others.

9. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Should a person take B5 and B6 while on JOH regimen?

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I asked it a few weeks ago and yes, no problem. Just keep in mind what I told you not to exceed 100mg of B6, the rest of B vitamins have no side effects in very high doses. And another thing, it is advisable to take them over a meal to absorb them better and in the morning or midday as they increase energy and if they are taken to sleep they can affect sleep.

I added vitamin B complex 10 days ago to my JOH regimen with monolaurin (and betahistine) without a problem. Right now I just bought a new bottle of vitamin B, this time with 100mg of B5 and B6 that the first one I bought had so little B6 that taking 12 pills a day left me at 50mg.