1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Here we go! I start testing things.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanA, May 4, 2020.

1. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Google translate: I just bought all the JOH regimen stuff and also Monolaurin. Because of coronaviruses, many will not arrive for 2-3 weeks, but I will take them as they arrive so I am already checking if any harm to remove it.

I'm excited to at least be able to try something and fight this disease. It may not work in the end, but at least I will not be doing nothing as two otorrinos told me: Learn to live with it.

In addition, my physical therapist has sent me a message that he hopes to open next Monday, and all this nightmare begins to be resolved then. Hopefully.

Thanks to JOH for sharing their information and also to the other users who shared their database solutions.

I will count how it went in this thread.

2. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    Was curious what dosages you are going to start out at?

3. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I'm going to use the ones pointed out by the JOH pdf. Maybe I'll modify vitamin C to find my maximum tolerance as this user did: My Mega-Vitamin C Experiment as an Anti-Viral

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Update:
    1-Today Vitamin C, E and MSM have arrived. The rest of the things are still missing, but I have already made my first mistake. The vitamin E I bought is only D-Alpha Tocopherol, it has no D-beta or D-Gamma as JOH recommends. Right now I don't have money to buy more pills, so this month I will take this vitamin E and the next month I will buy a bottle making sure it has all types.

2- 24h ago I went to my first physiotherapy session. It is too early to draw a conclusion, but since I left I have been dizzy much less times and have had several hours of being well. Another thing that has happened is that the plugging of my ears is much less and the tinnitus since this morning has been much lower. Also, before when I covered my ear I heard a repetitive sound that came and went as "electricity" and today when I cover it I only hear tinnitus and nothing else.

5. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    What I find the most helpful from the JOH regimen is Lysine and Lemon bioflavinoids. Hopefully you will get those soon

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Thanks, I think too Lysine and lemon bioflavs are the most important in the regimen. Maybe the monolaurin too. With the covid many shipments are late so I am taking advantage while to test if they produce any side effect from the MSM, vit E and vit C. I forgot, but I am also taking ginkgo biloba because my ENT gave me Audiovit to sleep are pills that take 54mg of ginkgo, 2mg of melatonin and magnesium.

7. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Update:
    1- My ENT asked me to describe all my dizziness from the first one. She suspect, like me, that it may be a cervical problem; He has sent me to do an x-ray to check it. Hopefully that's it!

2-The second session with the physical therapist went well, I am still preparing my body to start osteopathy. He has also detected stiffness in my jaw and has started working on it. It takes more sessions to know if this works, but at the very least it relaxes me and that helps. It is true that since I started I almost did not get dizzy, but the tinnitus continues.

3-Today Lysine has arrived, each pill is 1100mg. After trying low doses if it produces any side effect I will end up taking 3300mg a day. I am still waiting for lemon bioflavs and monolaurin, they should arrive this week since they were shipped days ago, but with the covid everything is slow.

8. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    The last week has been quite good in general, I started it having only one dizziness a day and very slight, like a nuisance in my head. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I did not have any dizziness; but yesterday it did for hours; but this requires explanation because yesterday was a special day.

Yesterday was the first day in 5 months that I left the house by car to have a drink in the city with friends. I only had two beers in 3 hours, but due to the covid in the bars you can only drink outdoors and it started to get quite cold, I was wearing shorts and no coat. The dizziness did not start in the city, I drove to my house for an hour and within half an hour of arriving it started. I think what happened was that the cold lowered my defenses or affected my neck pain, maybe the two beers did not help; but I don't think they were the main cause.

In any case, except for yesterday and today that I have a little residual dizziness I have had a very good week of being able to do things and be well. My physical therapist says there is still a lot of work left and I myself notice that I have a "block" in my back. On the other hand, the JOH regimen continues and vinpocetine arrived this week, with only the bioflavs of lemon and monolaurin to arrive. The good thing about these delays in shipping by covid is that I am incorporating each compound separately little by little to verify that it does not affect me.

See you in a week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Three days ago the lemon bioflavs arrived, so since this week I am officially taking all the compounds from the JOH regimen. Monolaurin would be missing and in June I will buy vitamin B complex.

I told my physiotherapist that the cold caught me and I got dizzy, he told me that when you have severe contractures the cold can do a lot of damage and relapse, that's why I got dizzy.

Since the cold caught me, I have been slowly improving, but I still have some daily dizziness, I have noticed that when I have them the most it is when I am on the computer, which would also fit in with the fact that my symptoms come from the cervicals. This would be good news, but for now I will continue to take JOH for a while so as not to risk.

See you in a week!

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    1-Today is a week in which I already take all the compounds of the JOH regimen and five days with monolaurin. For now I have not noticed a great general improvement, but I do have less dizziness and much milder. The tinnitus fluctuates, there are days when it is barely heard and others like yesterday that did get a little heavy and at times it also gives me a healthy ear. Low sodium diet plus betahistine has been going on for three months and I think they have also helped. It is quite an improvement for such a short time.

2-My physical therapist has told me that I am ready to start with the osteopath, next Wednesday I will have my first session. Hopefully it works.

3- Today my vitamin B supplement has arrived, the problem I find is that I do not know what dose I should take. The product indicates one capsule a day, but that indication is generic, not for people with dizziness and tinnitus. For example, today a user has opened a thread where he explains that he has improved taking 100mg of B5 a day, my supplement only brings 18mg of B5, although it also indicates that all the doses of B vitamins that it brings account for 300% of the daily dose necessary for an adult. I guess I'll start by taking one capsule a day and see what happens.

4- I have noticed that the change of time affects the pressure in my ears and I think the intensity of the tinnitus. If the weather is good I hardly notice anything. On the other hand, I notice another strange sensation that I don't know if someone else has: As the day progresses and I start to feel sleepy, I begin to notice an uncomfortable feeling of dizziness, especially when moving; Waking up in the morning full of energy is when I feel best.

As you can see I am testing a lot of things together, I have not recovered 100% and the truth is that I am beginning to think that will never happen; but for at least almost a month I have been able to do things like driving, having a beer, even now I am having a very soft coffee a day and I have finished the final work of my university degree with an 8/10. I could live like this even if it wasn't like it was before February 15, youth is not eternal after all.

11. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    My current daily doses:
    -Lysine: 1100mg x3
    -Monolaurin: 990mg x3
    -Bioflavonoids of lemon: 1000mg x2
    -Vinpocentin: 10mg x3
    -Gingko: 56mg (I will soon change to 500 or 1000mg)
    -MSM: 2000mg x3
    -Vit C delayed action: 1000mg x2
    -Vit E d-alpha: 400mg daily
    -B1: 3.3mg
    -B2: 4.2mg
    -B3: 48mg
    -B5: 18mg
    -B6: 4.2mg
    -B7: 150µg
    -B9: 600µg
    -B12: 7.5µg

12. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Tomorrow I go to ENT to check my cervical radiography. And 2-3 days ago I decided to increase my daily doses to:
    -Monolaurin: 990mg x6
    -Gingko with iron: 120mg x2 (2.1mg x2 iron)
    -Vit E d-alpha: 400mg
    -B1: 3.3mg x9
    -B2: 4.2mg x9
    -B3: 48mg x9
    -B5: 18mg x9
    -B6: 4.2mg x9
    -B7: 150µg x9
    -B9: 600µg x9
    -B12: 7.5µg x9

Today I was sick, feeling tired and that dizziness that is not mental dizziness. I was nervous and sad and some noises started to bother me. I suppose it was because I have my final exam to finish my law degree in two weeks, I was always very excited to study this and I started when I was 28 years old; but now I feel like it's worthless and that makes me sad and nervous.

The worst thing of all is that nobody around me understands me, everyone tells me that I have to learn to live as if this were a flu or a spring allergy. But I don't know how I can live like this when I'm a generally nervous person, I can't imagine how to get a job where I can be calm without stress.

I know it is too early to expect results, I have only been taking all the JOH components for 11 days and 9 with monolaurin. I've only been on vitamin B for four days. But every time I think that this can be the rest of my life, I sink and just want to cry.

Sorry to share these sad thoughts here, but I can only do it here. Sorry.

13. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    -Three days ago I had my first meeting with the osteopath, he did a half hour interview about my symptoms and my way of life. Then he did some balance tests and on the table he was touching my skull and my ears. He told me that I have a lot of tension in the whole skull and especially in the affected ear; He explained to me that the problems of dizziness, tinnitus and hearing loss are often due to accumulation of liquids (curiously, this is what is said about Meniere) and that in my case it could be caused by the tension that I have that would be preventing the veins. drain the liquid well and we were going to work on that. He uncontracted me from an area and for the week I have to see him again, to then alternate visits with him and physical therapy sessions.

He also told me that the cause of my tension is almost certainly due to my stress and many hours sitting in the same position for studies. He recommended that I stop for 2 minutes every hour and move around; do 10 squats and 10 push-ups.

The result the following days was good, I had less dizziness without loss of balance than usual. And for two days it was bad weather and I did not notice the ear so plugged. However, today it was bad weather too and yes I have noticed the tinnitus a little more annoying and the ear more plugged. It is something that I will have to discuss with the osteopath, but it is possible that it was because yesterday I was studying for many hours again and I ended up with a lot of back and neck pain, in addition to having to help my father change a thermos of water It broke and we had to remove the old one and put a new one (they are 2m high heavy stainless steel cylinders) so it was almost certainly because of this. It gives some optimism in the sense that with future sessions and taking more care of my back it could improve.

-About the JOH regimen plus other things I keep taking the same amounts as in the last post. And without noticeable changes, which is not bad considering that since I started taking them I improved a little and all the dizziness was slight and short without headaches. But it is still too early to comment on anything, at least up to 30-45 days you cannot comment well, and the normal thing is to wait 5-6 months.

14. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Yesterday I had my second session with the osteopath, a couple of vertebrae unbalanced me and did a lot of exercises on my chest, neck, back and arms, some of them somewhat painful (but without pain there is no victory). At the end of the session he examined how I moved my neck in various positions and said that much better than when I started and that I would come back in two weeks to see how I was.

The truth is that from the first session I already noticed my ears less fully and that was very bad weather. Hopefully after 6-8 more sessions you will clearly notice that this works.

In general I have been better than 2 weeks ago, I continue with small dizziness, tinnitus and sometimes fullness; but in comparison I would say that all the symptoms are easier to bear. I continue with JOH, B vitamins and monolaurin.

I am already finishing vitamin B and I will be able to buy a stronger supplement that with one or two pills reaches 100mg of B5 and B6, with the current ones I am taking 13 pills and B6 remains at 52mg. This week I got monolaruin in pearls with a spoon of three grams, I have read that it is the best on the market (50 dollars) and from today I upload the dose of 6 to 9 grams daily.

Actual dosages daily:
    Lysine: 1100mg x3
    -Monolaurin: 3000mg x3
    -B1: 3.3mg x13
    -B2: 4.2mg x13
    -B3: 48mg x13
    -B5: 18mg x13
    -B6: 4.2mg x13
    -B7: 150µg x13
    -B9: 600µg x13
    -B12: 7.5µg x13

15. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    1- After the last session with my osteopath I continued to have slight daily dizziness for four days. But the last three days I have not had any dizziness, only if I get up quickly in bed; but this is normal even in people without vertigo or meniere. The tinnitus however was the other way around, four days after the session it was very low and the last three days very high. I have had a college final exam where I have been very tense and nervous since Monday, this may be the cause.

This week here was a party and it is not working so I could not have a session with the osteopath. But I think that something is helping to alleviate and what is certain is that it has taken a lot of pain from my neck and back in just two sessions, something that even months with anti-inflammatory drugs, creams and dry heat or 15 days with corticosteroids failed.

2-I already have a strong new B vitamin. Monday came, now all the B vitamins I take are 100mg or 100 micrograms.

3-Today I have gotten my doctor to prescribe 7 days of Valtrex 1000mg x3 a day. She told me that in 7 days if I notice an effect she prescribes more. I was not convinced to prescribe them for an ear problem, but I told her that an ENT friend told me it was to rule out herpes oticus and she agreed. Obviously and from what I have read in this forum, it is normal that in 7 days I do not notice anything, on the contrary, if it works it should notice me worse. But I will tell the doctor that I have noticed that she has relieved me slightly in order to continue.

Valtrex's problem is that for herpes it indicates that it has to be taken only 7 days. It is difficult to explain to my doctor that in the case of working in the ear it takes weeks and even months. And it is important that she collaborate because with a prescription it costs € 20 ($ 22.5), but without a prescription it is € 50 ($ 56). That every week is a lot of money.

4-I have started looking for information about other treatments, these already much more expensive. I have started by telling friends, some are translating the documentation for me to give to my ENT, and another has offered to help me make a website and raise funds if necessary. This for now is only a plan B if osteopath, JOH, Monolaurin, Vit B and Valtrex fail. But I want to take advantage of these days that I am "fine" to inform myself and prepare these kinds of things in case they are needed. I still have chills to think how much I suffered a few months ago to read more than 15 minutes of text.

Actual dosages daily:
    -Valtrex: 1000mg x3
    -Monolaurin: 3000mg x3
    -B1: 100mg
    -B2: 100mg
    -B3: 100mg
    -B5: 100mg
    -B6: 100mg
    -B7: 100µg
    -B9: 400µg
    -B12: 100µg

16. TomD

TomD New Member

Jul 7, 2020
    Hope you are doing good now and the exam went ok.

Any updates?

Can I also ask why you chose osteopath over other alternative treatments?

17. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Hello, the truth is that it is not going too well. A month or so after starting with JOH and monolaurine it seemed to be going well because the dizziness was less, the ears were full too and the tinnitus dropped. But for 10 days I have had daily dizziness and tinnitus quite a few days high.

On the other hand, tonight I woke up with the left tonsil swollen giving enough pain to the point that it is also causing pain in my left ear (it is fortunately the healthy ear). The antiviral indicates that it can lower the defenses so it may be the cause, but I'm trying to put up with it to make sure it doesn't really work since I've only been taking it for 12 days.

About the osteopath, it is because in my country chiropractic is not regulated like in the USA. Here a chiropractor can be someone who has not gone to university and only studied one course, surely there are very good ones; but I prefer an osteopath who must have previously studied 5 years of physical therapy. It is a pure question of trust, I will not let "anyone" move the vertebrae in my neck. In any case, my osteopath is quite good and has relieved and cured the neck and back pain that I had in just three weeks; but they were not the cause of my meniere either. In fact, just today I have been called from the Hospital to tell me that everything is perfect on my cervical radiography.

On Thursday they give me a new audiometry and I have an appointment with my ENT doctor, I am going to take Stephen's papers to him and I hope he agrees to help me with the tests to receive his treatment.

On Friday or Monday I also hope to know the results of some thyroid tests. I asked them to try my luck, I do not expect it to be the cause and solution of my meniere.

18. TomD

TomD New Member

Jul 7, 2020
    That all makes perfect sense. I'm sorry to hear things have been so difficult. Keep us updated and stay strong.

19. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    My cervicals and my thyroid are fine. The otorrino did not even want to read Stephen's papers, he told me that the only thing there is is SERC. I already know that, that's why I bring you an experimental treatment, asshole!

Unfortunately I hardly get any information about SS protocol and apparently my ENT does not want to give me a professional opinion. I do not know what to do, the little I have found about the protocol is positive and since 2011 there are threads in forums about Stephen I have not found any comment from anyone saying that he tried it and that it did not work or that it was a false treatment. That gives me some confidence to try, but the truth is I'm uneasy about which way to go. I have tried searching for meniere forums in Australia like this to ask people there, but I can't find any.

I guess in the end I will blindly risk my money, but living this way with the doubt that there is something I have not tried is also torture.

20. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    IvanA
    are you going to try turkey tail and others medicinal mushrooms?