1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

To late for JOH?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Weeba, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I have had Menieres in both ears for 30 plus years and I am now 75 years old. I was wondering if it is too late for me to start John of Ohio regiment considering my age and length of time i have been suffering?

2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    That's an interesting question. JOH I am sure will respond. I guess my 2 cents is why not try it?

3. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Meniere's for decades in the inner ear has probably caused some permanent damage. Tissues have been scared or become dysfunctional. But trying the regimen for two or three months may produce some reduced symptoms. The regimen, among other things, increases blood flow through the inner ear, which can help clear accumulated wastes and provide increased oxygen and nutrients; which may help reduce symptoms.

The lysine can suppress the activity of a resident herpes virus infection, the inflammation of which can be a major cause of Meniere's symptoms.

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Thank you so much. I have been taking 120mg Ginkgo Biloba twice a day for more than a year. I made it almost a year with no vertigo attacks and then, bang it came back with a vengeance. I was told by an ENT 30 years ago that I was a classic Menieres patient. About 5 years ago I saw a different ENT and after a multitude of tests he said I do not have Menieres, however, he could not tell me what was causin the vertigo. Could it be vestibular Migraine perhaps?

5. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    JOH has already answered you, but I just want to add that it is never too late to try things. Try the JOH regimen with monolaurin or, better, antivirals for 3 months, if they work perfectly and if not, at least you have tried.

I want to add two things to the JOH regimen that I have discovered these days, first that the ginkgo that has been scientifically proven to work is Ginkgo biloba EGb 761, apparently the extraction method is different and causes the properties to be lost if not for the EGB method 761.

I also want to add that I have read about the lack of iron, an adult man needs 18mg of iron a day and a woman 24. This type of anemia produces dizziness and can cause beeping, but it also reduces the production of red blood cells and therefore oxygenation. it is worse. It is a silent anemia because the body uses iron reserves from the liver and other areas before manifesting severe symptoms and it can take years for anemia to be felt.

Iron is also poorly absorbed by the body, iron from meat-eating foods is better absorbed than iron from vegetable foods; for better absorption it is recommended to combine both and take vitamin C with food. Conversely, fiber, calcium, coffee or tea reduce absorption.
    That is, it is recommended to eat some fruit with vitamin C with meals and drink milk, coffee, etc. outside of meals or take more vitamin C.

I am not saying that meniere's syndrome is cured by taking iron, but it should be calculated if in recent years we have had a diet rich in iron, in my case it has not. I drank 2-3 coffees every day and always over meals, I did not eat fruit or much vitamin C, nor liver or lentils, etc. This may be aggravating my symptoms and causing less oxygen to reach my inner ear. So next month I am going to buy iron and try it, I will only take it for a month since taking a lot of iron is also toxic and the body stores it that it does not need.

6. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Thank you for your reply. About a year ago a blood test that revealed I had a high concentration of iron in my blood, so I doubt whether , that is the cause. Woke up at 10:30 last night with severe vertigo. Vomit, sweats and this morning at 10 AM had another spin but not as bad.

7. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Try JOH with Antivirals and also take 100mg vitamin B5 and B6 every day in the morning with breakfast. Vitamine B is the last succesful report about other users. Includes JOH.

8. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I started JOH yesterday. I am wondering how long it takes to be effective? I also don't know if I should continue taking my diuretic that I have been taking for years?

9. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Hi weeba, the JOH regimen usually takes full effect at 6 months, but you may notice some improvement before. I have been 40 days, the tinnitus decreased in volume and tone after 25 days (it is still there, but it is more acceptable), I still have dizziness every day, but I have noticed that they are shorter for a week and specifically today only I had dizziness when I went to run at 5pm and another one of a few seconds at 10pm. Before, I had a couple of short dizzies almost every hour.

You can take the JOH regimen with the medications that have been prescribed for you, I am going to assume that you are from the USA because you only say that you have been given diuretics. I find it so strange that a country like the US still doesn't prescribe betahistine (trade name SERC) for Meniere. Ask your doctor about this medicine and see if you can get it manufactured in a pharmacy or imported from Canada or Europe. I am taking it together with JOH, it also takes a month or two to have a good effect, but before JOH it was the only thing that gave me a few hours of balance a day and I know it worked because I left it 72h to go to a private ENT doctor for if I did balance tests and on the last day I had a heavy head again. It happened when he took it again after two days.

Betahistine (or SERC) has been shown in clinical trials to provide relief to people with Meniere in 60-70% of cases. In many cases it reduces strong vertigo attacks by one or two a year and makes the duration and recovery of each attack shorter. In fact, here (Spain) diuretics are no longer prescribed as the first medicine for Meniere. It is added to SERC when it does not work together with the low salt diet.

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
  11. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Do you think it is OK to take an antihistamine such as Clariton while on the JOH regimen?

12. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    With JOH yes, I am taking betahistine with JOH, Monolaurin for a month and no problem. With Clariton I don't know, betahistine is a very sure medicine, but for safety ask a doctor.