1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Just diagnosed Wednesday - here goes -

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yellowboy, Jul 11, 2020.

1. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    My story - In January of 2018 I woke up to roaring in both ears like I never had before. I had been having annual hearing tests and have been bad on the high pitches for years but no tinnitus. I'm thinking it would go away on it's own but after 6 weeks I thought I better see an ENT MD. I went to a local ENT, he said get hearing aids -that was it. I got some expensive loaners but they did not help. I was given the name of a doctor at Duke in Raleigh, NC but buy the time I got in to see him in May of 2018 the noise had stopped.

He checked me out and that was it until January of this year (2020) when the tinnitus came back even worse that 2018. So back to Duke this week.

For the last 7 years I had been having about 2-3 dizzy spells a year lasting 4-8 hours each but this year alone I had about 5 so far, lasting longer with more severe dizziness and vomiting. One lasted 40 hours So Tuesday of this week they ran some tests and he said that's what I have. I was given a Medrol dosepak and put on Hydrodiuril .

Time will tell.

2. Sandra005

Sandra005 Member

Jul 11, 2020
    How can you spin for 40 hours? Is that non stop? I heard there's a device that can out into ear. Don't too much about it read it briefly. Surely theses something that can be given to stop it. I'm having anxiety thinking about it. Do you have lasting dizziness afterwards? Ive had 5 spinning attacks that only lasted 2 mins and it took me 4 weeks to get over it. I don't understand how something that I would of thought was simple can't be treated. I have severe anxiety and I had it before I had all these other issues so I don't know how I'd cope. Have you ever had an episode when your out?

3. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    When I say 40 hours I guess I should have said that was how long the vertigo spell lasted . IE - that's how long I was in bed and sitting because every time I tried to stand or walk I was getting dizzy again for the whole 40 hours . I did sleep some on and off so was I not conscious of the dizziness the whole time, and slept more the first day than the last 16 hours. The day it hit me - in the early morning - I was in bed most of day except to go to the bathroom and maybe sat reclining about 3-4 hours. The next day I sat about 50% of the time and was in bed the other 50 %. That was the episode that told me I had something serious going on.