1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Stress has caused me a terrible flare

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by California Sun, Aug 6, 2020.

1. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I was doing pretty good for a while--a bad day here and there but mostly minimal symptoms. Between the continuing stress of dealing with the pandemic, financial problems, marital problems and other emotional stresses I started having a terrible flare a couple of weeks ago, with no signs of letting up. How has the stress of the pandemic affected everyone's symptoms?

2. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Blah! I have to agree with you. I wasn’t sure how much the pandemic/lockdown got to me, but these last few weeks have been not good. I went to see my neurologist and he said...how have you been handling what’s been going on....I didn’t realize until that moment that I haven’t been handling it well at all. I went from sterilizing everything...including family members in my home :rolleyes: to not wearing masks around people I don’t even know (I live near the Wisconsin border and they had been a lot more lenient with restrictions until recently). It’s the whole unknown thing that has me so stressed and that in turn has caused my symptoms (including ones I never had before) to appear. That on top of other every day stresses. :( I’ve been trying to work on relaxation techniques to help combat the excessive stress.

• Like Like x 1
  3. California Sun

May 23, 2019

The unknown factor is terrible. This has gone on longer than anyone expected and we still have no idea of when it will end. And this whole situation has had so many terrible, negative effects far and beyond the illness and death toll.

Any so-called relaxation or stress-reduction techniques might help in the very short term, if at all. There is no getting away from this.

4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Vipassana is a mediation practice that works, & can be practiced & employed long-term.

Cultivating this quality of mind has been shown to modulate pain, mitigate anxiety & depression, improve cognitive function, & produce changes in gray matter density in regions of the brain related to learning & memory, emotional regulation, & self awareness.

5. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Meditation.

6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Stress is a killer for me! Sometimes it’s so hard to avoid it, especially these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    Stress is terrible even for those who don't have a condition that is exacerbated by it.

• Like Like x 1