1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hello, I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Nathan, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    A thread by @WileyCoyote which I've relocated here, to Your Living Room.

"Hello,

New here but not new to this PITA. I had my first symptoms at the age of 16 and was diagnosed at 18 with Meniere's in my left ear(I am now 45). Had multiple attacks a day and ended up having a shunt implanted, mine was more of a valve the a traditional wedge shaped shunt. During surgery my doctor found my endolymphatic sac was nothing but scar tissue.

Had been doing really well for several years, only an attack every six months or so, but since recovering from Covid I have been having a lot more issues recently. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing that.

More happy side of me love scuba diving and am an IT data nerd."

2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Hey, WileyCoyote, welcome to the forum.

3. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sorry to hear all this. PITA is probably the best way to describe menieres issues. Given that COVID is still not fully understood, who knows what impact it can have on other already existing ailments. Glad to hear, at least, that you recovered from it! This is an interesting thread - one that I hope garners some helpful responses for you. Hope you feel better going forward.