1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

LOW LOW SALT

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lacebug, May 23, 2020.

1. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, aural fullness & tinnitus can be symptoms of vestibular migraine, but not BPPV. I could however be wrong.

2. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    I was so terrified of having a vertigo attack I did 500 mg of salt and my doctor told me to stop immediately. I was extremely fatigued 24/7 and couldn't function, felt weak and faint often. When I added in the diuretics.I started fainting. 500 mg is far too low. I would not recommend. Consult a doctor before trying this.

3. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    You could have the beginning stages of Meniere's that has yet to develop to full blown attacks or yes, you could have VM. You could also be lucky and have BOTH. You need to eat sodium. You will have nasty repercussions if you consistently keep it at 500 mg. Try balancing out your sodium levels with potassium. I use an app to keep it at 1500 mg. I don't eat dairy, gluten, or refined sugar or drink EVER. If I do I have hell to pay the next day.

4. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Passing out, Weakness, constant fatigue, lethargy, lack of concentration, constipation. Those are just the beginning symptoms. The long term effects of not eating enough sodium are even worse.

5. ron m

ron m New Member

Oct 1, 2020
    fatigue, lack of concentration and comprehension

6. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Is there any REAL evidence that low salt has any benefit for MD? Personally, I have never found any correlation at all, although I've never eaten mega salt, i.e. a lot of processed foods. I do eat new cheese (like cheese curd) almost every day, which is very salty. It makes no difference in my Menieres whether I eat it or not.

7. ron m

ron m New Member

Oct 1, 2020
    My ENT highly recommends low sodium, I do my best but usually fall into old habits over & over.., Personally I have found that high sodium days increase tinnitus and fullness in ears..usually worth the trade-off..lol

8. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Yes, I knew ENTs recommend it, but they all took the same course at university LOL. So, you find a difference. Well, that's good to know.

I just remembered, back when I had it fairly bad in 2015 or so, I felt that kettle corn (popcorn) with a lot of salt was causing a problem, but that was definitely mega salt. After an episode, I used to get the kettle corn before they put the salt on, not nearly as tasty :)

9. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I am just wondering how wild animals are surviving without added salt or how humans in the past were surviving when there were no shops with salt?

Maybe because mother nature added sodium (Na element) like other necessary elements in our food naturally so that we don’t have to put half of the Periodic Table in our dish every time we eat? Or did we mutate to salt scavengers?