1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What to do during vertigo attach

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Irishstu, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sandra005

Sandra005 Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I'll have to write that drug down. Can't get anymore diazapam

2. Sandra005

Sandra005 Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Shouldn't lay on affected ear. Make it worse

3. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    In my country sulpiride is prescribed so that we have it with us and we take it in case of an attack and thus not have to go to the emergency room. We only go to the ER if we vomit and can't take the medicine.

Sulpiride can only be taken to stop the attack by gradually reducing the dose over a few days and should not be taken to relieve dizziness because if sulpiride is taken frequently the body gets used to it and no longer has the same effect against vertigo. For dizziness here they prescribe diazepam and betahistine.

4. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    Besides the meds do everything you can to black out your vision. A face mask, black out curtains, etc. The vertigo is mostly, but not always, caused by your vision out of whack.

5. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Last night at 3 AM after peeing all of a sudden it felt like my bedroom was upside down and violently threw me to the floor. I thought I was dying. I called for my wife and I lay on the floor for an hour and sweat profusely. Is this what people call "drop attacks" or is this something different? If I had been driving I would have crashed for sure. Now I am afraid to do anything away from my house. ENT says do not have MD. Have appt with neurologist next week.

6. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Get on the floor put a pillow over my head with a bucket next to me and shut my eyes and tell myself this will end.

The truth is many times I preferred the bathroom floor because I had both a toilet and tub to barf in and didn’t have to worry about missing the bucket.