1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Mike's Meniere's Story

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I decided to share this very interesting Mike's Meniere's Story in this forum

This story is full of hope and advice, that’s all we need!

Have a good reading!

Mike's Meniere's Story

2. Pa Cowboy

Pa Cowboy Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Thanks Mindosa, that is a good read.

3. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Yes, good read, long. The one thing that kind of bugs me is that, like many of us, and me, he thought he was "cured" several times. And now, after this chiropractic "miracle" he is cured for good. Well, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. The way I see it, now, if you have done some stuff and find yourself symptom free, then enjoy the hell out of it and keep doing that stuff and hope it doesn't lose its magic. But I am never going to think of myself as cured again but hopefully symptom free.

Also, if he was genuinely wanting to help everyone, he would name those supplements in the article.

4. sivy28

sivy28 New Member

Oct 27, 2020
    Yeah shame you spend all that time reading then only to find out you need to buy his books for the details you're after

5. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Yeah, all these Meniere's book’s authors like Glenn Schweitzer, Mark A Knoblauch, Mike Spencer and others are bastards!:D They just want our money and nothing more in return!:D

6. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    In his site there is a link about those supplements:

Supplements for Meniere's

But I don't think these supplements are so special and you need to use only these. The point is here, when you have chronic disease and when you are seeking for the real cause of your ailment, you need to help your body with quality vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to better cope with it.

7. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    In my opinion Mike has a really good points. In his book's he writes:

In medicine, there is a term called ‘silent inflammation’. This is when the inflammation process goes on for overly-extended periods of time without being detected. The body’s supply of antioxidants cannot keep up with the demand and it starts getting messy in there.
    This is how degenerative diseases and conditions occur. Your body is losing the inner battle and the inflammation becomes chronic.
    Studies have shown that systemic inflammation is involved in at least 22 serious health conditions, including heart attacks, arthritis, diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, allergies and Parkinson’s disease.

What we need to look at is:

A. How can we make sure the body can keep up with the demand for antioxidants needed to tackle the inflammation?

B. What is the source of this resulting inflammation and how can we eliminate it from our life or deal with it?

In terms of A. this would explain why the use of high quality supplementation and/or dietary considerations that consistently provide potent antioxidants to the immune system helps the Meniere’s sufferer keep the symptoms at bay.
    It may not address the underlying cause in most cases but it does deal with the resulting cause of the symptoms. It reduces or stops the inflammation occurring. It strengthens your immune system and makes it more efficient in dealing with inflammation, or ‘hydrops’.
    The theories as to the cause of Meniere’s and the focus of scientific investigation include possibilities such as noise pollution, viral infections, middle ear infections, head injuries, syphilis, bacterial infections, stress, fatigue, alcohol, smoking and allergies. There is a lot missing from this list, most of which is much more significant, that I go into in the books and these reports in more detail.
    None of these have been ‘clinically proven’ yet. There are good reasons for this as you will see.
    There is strong evidence however and proven statistics in some areas that at least some of the above are either underlying causes or contributing triggers.

8. sivy28

sivy28 New Member

Oct 27, 2020
    He has some valid points but I'm always suspect when there's a catch and money comes into it. Nobody's charging on this site for their valuable information, I respect what the guys gone through but even with his supplementation he links to mainly one company very suspect. It's the motive of trying to make money off people's suffering that puts me off but I agree he has good points to follow in general terms.
    Sivy28

9. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Ironically, the cover of Michael's second book, The Need For Balance, features the Caduceus symbol: a staff entwined by two serpents surmounted by wings. This symbol is the staff carried by the Greek Deity Hermes. In Roman iconography, it was often held by Mercury, the messenger of Gods, too.

The Caduceus symbol is often confused for the Rod of Asclepius: a single serpent-entwined rod with no wings, as held by the Greek God Asclepius.

Asclepius, the son of Apollo, is a deity associated with healing & medicine, hence his staff is used in modern times to represent medicine & health care.

The Caduceus, on the other hand—which is the symbol seen on the cover of Michael's book—represents Hermes & Mercury, hence by extension of the two the Caduceus is a recognized symbol not of health, medicine, or health care, but rather commerce.

• Informative Informative x 1