1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

8 Years Vertigo Free

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by redwing1951, Oct 31, 2020.

1. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    It's been 8 years today since I became free from the "beast". I was brave to have my surgery on Halloween! I remember saying to Dr. Rauch this is pretty "spooky" for me. Also it was the same day Hurricane Sandy slammed the East coast. Turns out it was my lucky day! I walked out the next day on my own. I rehabbed at home for two weeks. I have been living my life vertigo free. My life is full of adventures. Everyday is a new beginning and I am so thankful I am able to live my life to the fullest.

• Like x 8
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/thanks x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    What surgery did you have?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Congratulations Redwing!! I remember you back when I was on here originally in 2014, 15.

4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Amen Red

and God Know those grandkids are the luckiest little kids the world

Dr Rauch is top notch, he told me what I had to hear not what I wanted to hear.

5. Mustang1

Mustang1 Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    Congrats Redwing,
    That's great news to hear. I'm 14 month post labyrinthectomy myself, back to a more normal life!

6. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    That’s awesome! Congrats!

7. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I had a labyrinthectomy.

8. Dgeordge Vrasevk

Dgeordge Vrasevk New Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Hi Bro ! So happy that U are Vertigo Free !
    Bro I wanted to ask, how to diagnose Labyrinthisis ? Could it be diagnosed by CT Scan ? Which CT Scan? I mean CT Scan of Temporal Bone?
    And Bro, Labyrinthectomy is Successful and simple or not?
    And Bro, Labyrinthectomy is Unilateral or Bilateral ? Please don't ignore it ! And answer Me ! Im 20 Years old and so much depressed of Vertigos, imbalance, and Tinnitus !

9. Dgeordge Vrasevk

Dgeordge Vrasevk New Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Im scared Of Surgeries.. ! Tell me is it simple and make no complications in future...? Is it easy for Surgeons ?

10. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Happy News! Congratulations !!!

11. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I'm so happy for you, Red *smiles from across the pond

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Todd

Todd New Member

Nov 16, 2020
    Congratulations! My nerve bundle has been slowly reconnecting post labrynthectomy. I started getting mild symptoms again four years after surgery. Now at twelve years after they are as severe and frequent (daily) as before. I’m very happy you’ve had permanent relief.

13. Sarah B

Sarah B New Member

Mar 19, 2020
    This is a question that you need to have a neurootologist (otoneurologist) answer. The diagnosis takes testing and you can't get an answer from a website. Also, there are a lot of things that you should try before having surgery and then there are the decisions about which surgery. It took me several years to figure out if I wanted to try shunt surgery which is fairly simple, then I had a second one as they don't last more than about 4 years. Only as a last resort did I have the balance nerve removed. Don't jump to a last resort before trying everything else. That being said, in my case the nerve removal worked wonders.

14. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Congratulations Redwing. For me, one year of being vertigo free came and went and I failed to notice. Shame on me. I sure don't want to go back.

• Friendly Friendly x 1