1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

decaf coffee

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by littlebird, Nov 13, 2015.

1. littlebird

littlebird New Member

Jan 22, 2015
    does anyone else find that even decaf coffee sets off their symptoms? I read today that not all caffeine gets eliminated from decaf and it explains a lot. Still, I'm sad to take it out of my day :(

2. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    There shouldn't be enough caffeine left in Decaf to cause any issues,
    but I guess it is possible.

There's a gazillion different things that can effect Meniere's, so don't
    go blaming the coffee until you're sure that is the cause of your discomfort.
    I eat a very consistent, non-trigger food diet, and I still get days where I feel
    like crap, so don't always assume there's a "trigger"...could be that it's just
    one of those days.

3. jaypr

jaypr Member

May 12, 2014
    liverpool uk
    Hi I drink decaf tea and feel no difference compared to ordinary tea. A link below to caffeine contents in coffee and tea including decaf content for both.

A black coffee I think would send me spinning but not sure and not prepared to try as I am well.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20049372

4. Ear-ittating

Ear-ittating New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Massachusetts
    When my symptoms are very active, I cannot even drink decaf coffee. I am guessing that even the small amount of caffeine in decaf affects me? I have found that some decaf is worse than others - I think because the amount of caffeine varies in decaf just like in caffeinated. Funny - I was just looking up info on this this morning and read somewhere that Folgers decaf instant has the lowest amount of caffeine. Not as good as a brewed coffee Im sure, but I think I will try it to see how it goes. I miss my coffee!

5. KarenLyn

KarenLyn New Member

Oct 26, 2020
    nova scotia
    I miss coffee so much but won't even take a chance on decaf. Herbal tea is great and so is chicory but theres nothing like a coffee in the morning.

6. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Research Swiss water process decaf. It's all I drink as it has eliminated almost all caffeine.