1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Migraine Associated Vertigo(MAV) or Vestibular Migraine !

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Arsalan, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Arsalan

Arsalan New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Hi Guys, Hope You all Fine !
    I wanted to ask about MAV, what are Its symptoms, and how it is diagnosed ?
    P.S i wanted to say, that I don't have migraine or Headache, is it possible that I'm suffering from this as I dont have any headache !
    P.S I wanted to say, that My symptoms are Eyes movements(Focusing problems, and feeling like heavy eyes and light head) sharp and sometimes low Vertigos, NO Headaches, Sometimes stiff Neck, and difficulty in moving my head(I feel bad,and imbalance when I move or turn my head), sometimes motion sickness, sometimes I trigger Vertigo by changing head position, sometimes I feel like I'm moving and sometimes I feel like evrrything in the surrounding moving.... Are these symptoms Related to MAV ???

2. JAB

JAB New Member

Sep 23, 2020
    My symptoms are the same as yours. I have been dealing with BPPV since May and I now have MAV with the BPPV. I have only had a headache 2-3 times since I’ve been dealing with this, always behind my eyes and the right side of my head. You do not have to have the headache to have MAV. Is your vertigo positional, meaning if you are laying flat and change from left to right side, is the vertigo there? What happens if you look up or down? My drs cannot diagnose me yet as they are not sure if VM, Ménière’s, or both. Can you get in to see a neurotologist? Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    If I have tinnitus and hearing loss, can I have MAV? I am looking forward to exploring the AVM option, but I don't know if my symptoms fit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JAB

JAB New Member

Sep 23, 2020
    I have both. My ears have been ringing 24/7 since August 1 of this year. I have lost hearing in the lower tones between June and October of this year. We are still trying to figure out my triggers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Arsalan

Arsalan New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    My You get well Soon !
    Yes I Have BPPV and positional Vertigo, when I turn my head, sometimes I feel small form of Vertigo.... Im on Betahistine doze, and a kind of relief I got from Vertigos... Vertigos are still there but not very much, but dizziness is taking Me,
    P.S I'm affecting from Small tinnitus. My hearing is good, no loss in hearing is observed, but I feel Hyperacusis sometimes....
    How MV(MAV) is diagnosed ??

6. Arsalan

Arsalan New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    I have Tinnitus too, but very less, sometimes I dont feel buzzing sounds, sometimes I hear buzzing sounds sharply !
    But My hearing is well and good. Sometimes I suffer from Hyperacusis !

7. Arsalan

Arsalan New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    @IvanA !
    I wanted to ask , How U feel, by stopping Your Betahistine doze ? And from How much time You have stopped Your doze ?
    And Do Increase my Doze Betahistine doze I'm on 16mg(2 times a day ) to 3 times a day ? Or 25mg 2 times a day ?
    And what's Your Antiviral experience ? And how You diagnosed that You have HSV family ?
    Thanks In Advance ! May You get well soon !

8. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Read Buchholz, "Heal your Headache" It will explain the migraine function and includes a section on vestibular migraine. Not all migraine manifests as physical pain. This was the case for me. Like so many other things, there is no test to say you have it (sound familiar?). Buchholz offers a list of dietary triggers you can avoid to reduce risk as well as other life changes. I ended up on a little pill called Topiramate. Once I started MAV treatment, I have not had any vertigo. It's been over a year now. I would think your cyst can be a trigger. But who am I?