1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Anyone who got cured of there dizziness

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Sanjeevani Gupta, Nov 6, 2020.

1. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Hearing is lost very very slowly with each attack of vertigo, it takes many frequent attacks to lose hearing completely. My uncle was Meniere 30 years old and although he had to be talked a little loud he never needed a hearing aid.

In the worst case scenario, you lose all your hearing within a few years, you can get a cochlear implant. They work very well, in this forum we have a user who put it on and said he was very happy with it.

2. Bladis

Bladis New Member

Nov 15, 2020
    Hi there. My symptoms started at the age of 20 in final year of my high school and just before our mandatory military service. Hearing loss was fast and aural fullness + tinnitus followed soon after. They made some hearing tests at military but didn't get any proper diagnose. I got couple vertigo attacks during the time at military but could not connect the "dots" between hearing loss and vertigo. I was at special forces and incredible shape and this disease didn't have much effect of my serivice. After that service I got couple more vetigo attacks and with aural fullness + tinnitus (both which varies even to day) I was able to give my self a proper diagnose with the help of internet. I also learned that there is no drug, "magic pill" or surgery to save me so I didn't bother to go to get proper diagnose for this at early 2000. After my military service I learned to live with this disease. I made bachelor degree, master's degree and lived like any normal 20-30 year old guy. No hearing aids, not even single day off from work because of this disease. I could and can still do any sport I want (except underwater stuff). 20 years was all good except little hearing problems because my effected ear is basicly flat -30-40db. This year I had to get proper diagnose because my other ear got inffected (bilateral). I have 20 years of experience with this and I have tried about all this forum or medical care has to offer. Only thing I have to add now is hearing aid (this is big topic which I learned too slow) I got away with my ignorance and luckily didn't do irreversible damage. I am not sure if this is "success story" you are looking for but this disease didn't break me in last 20 years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    My situation is similar as yours, the only difference that mine started at my 40. It was only one side. Now couple months ago it started in the other ear.

4. Bladis

Bladis New Member

Nov 15, 2020
    There is about 30-40% chance that other ear get infected in first 3-5 years and symptoms are usually milder. If you are able to keep your dizziness and vertigo at bay the future is bright. Tinnitus and hearing loss markets are huge and technology and medical treatments are advancing with rapid speed. Most important thing here is that you treat your hearing loss. You can live pretty normal life with only one ear but if you don't use your other ear your brain loses ability to identify words and sounds. If you don't get enough stimulus for hearing nerves you start to lose them and if this continues too long even cochelar impalant won't be enough for you.

5. Todd

Todd New Member

Nov 16, 2020
    Hi Sanjeevani,

I have an extremely aggressive case of Meniere’s and have found there are no guarantees. However, controlling diet (sodium), getting regular exercise and regular sleep helps control my risk. I haven’t tried anti-inflammatory foods but I do get allergy therapy and that helps as well.

Todd

6. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I am just now retiring. Been dealing with Menieres and MAV for 4 years plus. My workplace was understanding of my vertigo attacks and did'nt do anything stupid when vertigo hammered me at work. I always had a few minutes warning of oncoming attacks, so I could get to a safe place which was typically my office floor. I kept a blanket, pillow and a rescue med I can't recall the name of any longer. It sucked! Fortunately, treatment for MAV solved the vertigo issue for me about a year ago now. My left ear is 100% gone. I still suffer from tinitus and hyperacusis in the dead ear.

7. sivy28

sivy28 New Member

Oct 27, 2020
    Hi one day
    Interesting what treatment did you have for MAV
    sivy28