1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Effect of stress-related hormones on inner ear fluid homeostasis and function

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    If you are interested in biohacking, maybe NMN, NR and other anti-aging stuff would be also interesting?
    My experience with fasting only on water

2. Rubygirl

Rubygirl Member

Oct 4, 2020
    "Biohacking" - I never heard that term before but I'm all for it!

Right now, traditional medicine is offering us little help so I prefer to hold onto hope and think that I can help myself! I have seen so many people including within my own family get sicker and sicker waiting for some miracle drug and refuse anything else that wasn't officially prescribed by the doctor. But there are so many examples of what might have been considered "quackery" 20 years ago being revealed revealed to be a very valid treatment or significant having biological benefit (e.g. fish oils, vitamin D, etc.) .

Mindosa, I hadn't seen your post on NMN and NR.... thanks for sharing!

MD, many cancers, and the majority of other ailments come on in middle age and beyond and it's no secret that "the normal aging process" causes the decline in immune function, joint function, neurological function, organ system function, etc. And people just accept that's "how it is". But whether it is various antioxidants or hormones or whatnot - I think trying to prevent age-related cellular & metabolic decline is well worth it!

3. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    One of the famous biohackers is Dave Asprey and in his book Super Human he writes about a lot of things including DHEA, TMJ - even he has no MD. You would be surprised how resourceful people are!
    When he was in adolescence, he had so many diseases, some of them were old people diseases like arthritis. So he decided to take everything in his hand and to change his life. Now he is healthy and full of energy and he set a goal to live 180 years.

Another one of the most famous person who works in the anti-aging field is Harward professor David Sinclair. He shares a lot about the newest research in the anti-aging field on youtube and in his book the Lifespan.
    What is particularly interesting about David Sinclair is that he is an exception to all scientists - he shares publicly what he and his family members use, from newest researches, to stop or even to reverse aging. There is the magic page in this book where he writes everything that he and his family members do. If you are interested, I can send you privately through the forum's messaging this page copy. But either way, I will hardly recommend to read this book, it will blow your mind, trust me!

According to David Sinclair and his science team around the world, humanity is on the brink of fully hacking the aging process. They already can rejuvenate old mice's blind eye and they are claiming that it can be done with every organ! Can you imagine, they can turn the clock back in every organ! This could completely eliminate Meniere's disease and this could happen in the next few years!

While rejuvenating separate organs looks like science fiction, then what they are trying to do next I have no words to describe.
    So scientists are now trying to figure out how to turn the aging clock back not in separate organs, but in all bodie through gene engineering with four Yamanaka factors.

The Japanese stem cell researcher Shinya Yamanaka for his discovery, essentially showing that complete cellular age reversal was possible in a petri dish, won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine along with John Gurdon in 2012.

So in the near future, when the people reach the middle age, you will get gene therapy and your age will be reversed for example till 20! It sounds to me more than fiction!
    So with this one anti-aging thing, in the near future, we can eliminate all disease once and for all.
    The biggest problem with that now is financing. If the anti-aging field could receive the same money as other fields, for example, cancer or vascular diseases, this process would be much faster.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  4. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I had tinnitus still but it was not very bothersome. My hearing very gradually recovered to actual normal according to a hearing test I did on the iPhone in December of 2014. So, yeah, I was pretty darn free of all MD symptoms for 6 years. Lots of people have tinnitus so I could accept that. Now it is much louder than it has been for the last 6 years and my hearing in the bad ear is "moderately severe". I use 2 tests now, uHear and Mimi.

5. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I am going through my notes, which I wish were better, but it seems that that hearing test was during a "good" fluctuation. So, I wasn't "cured" at that point because I was still tracking things in 2016. However, for several years I felt cured.

6. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  7. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Here is another interesting study with 200 participants:

Stress Management Therapy for Meniere's Disease (SMT)

ESTIMATED RESULTS:

Through this study, we can understand the most effective and feasible way to reduce plasma vasopressin level in patients with Meniere's disease. Much more Meniere's patients may be rescued without invasive surgery.

Stress Management Therapy for Meniere's Disease - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

8. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Antidepressants could make wonders. My mother had migraines for more than 60 years and recently migraine headaches became very often, almost every day. Throughout 60 years she tried lots of things, but unfortunately those measures didn't help much to avoid those headaches, only to alleviate to some extent the headache itself. But recently she started using some antidepressants for better sleep and those headaches almost disappeared, having only one occasion in a whole month! She doesn't remember when it was the last time.

Who knows, maybe it would be a great deal for some in MD also?

9. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Disturbed Yin–Yang balance: stress increases the susceptibility to primary and recurrent infections of herpes simplex virus type 1

Yin–Yang balance is an essential concept in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) theory. Yin represents stable and inhibitory factors, and Yang represents the active and aggressive factors. When the organism is exposed to stress, especially psychological stress caused by emotional stimulation, the Yin–Yang balance is disturbed and the virus can re-engage in productive replication, resulting in recurrent diseases.

Stress, especially psychological stress caused by emotional stimulation, is able to increase the susceptibility and severity of infectious diseases and to cause the reactivation from latency, leading to disturbance on life quality. Therefore, reducing the effect of stress on diseases is becoming an urgent and widely concerned topic. Emotional stress causes internal damage called “Qi-Qing Nei-Shang” and consequently disturbs the Yin–Yang balance in the organism, leading to increased susceptibility to HSV-1 and the recurrent lesions.

The Yin–Yang balance between the virus-stimulating and virus-inhibiting factors maintains the latency. Under stress, oxidational damage, increased glucocorticoids and decreased thyroid hormones promote the Yang factors and inhibit the Yin factors, consequently disturbing the Yin–Yang balance, leading to productive viral replication.

[​IMG]

Disturbed Yin–Yang balance: stress increases the susceptibility to primary and recurrent infections of herpes simplex virus type 1

10. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Yesterday I talked to my doctor about Venlafaxine. She said that this drug is popular for treating various disorders. It eliminates body and mental tension, which, according to her, may cause various disorders. In her career she saw lots of healings with this drug, when conventional drugs did not help. She also recommends Venlafaxine for MD too.

11. Grant Steinkellner

Grant Steinkellner New Member

Aug 18, 2020
    Yes try taking powdered magnesium great for the brain and help to increase calm

12. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  13. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020