1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Covid/Vaccine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Saera

Saera Active Member

Jul 5, 2019

Thank you for doing this! I was in remission from Meniere's until I got Covid. I haven't been the same since. Now I have some torture tests coming up. I'm so glad people are willing to help and that means you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Bulldog - thank you for being a vaccine guinea pig! Glad your results have bee promising! Funny thing about your reaction to the second shot - I had my Shingles vaccine back in Oct and first one was fine, no reaction...arm was definitely more sore than the flut shot arm. But just had the 2nd shot and definitely got the fatigue, and slight flu like symptoms. Didn't expect a reaction since the no issue with the first one. Glad you are doing well!

3. Kristi Sheridan

Kristi Sheridan New Member

Dec 21, 2020

4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I had zero issues. If I could take the vaccine I would not hesitate. My wife is in medicine as well and she should be getting vaccinated any day.

good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kristi Sheridan

Kristi Sheridan New Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Thanks! Moderna arrived at the hospital I work at this afternoon. Calling for my appointment tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Funny you ask that, I checked the VEDA website yesterday for guidance on the risks of getting Covid. Takeaways: 1)They need to update the site, as the recommendations still say there is no evidence masks protect the wearer! (No updates in that section since July) 2)The one personal story of a duel Ménière’s/Covid-19 sufferer is harrowing. If I had the chance to take the Moderna vaccine, I’d already be in line. So, if any of you don’t want yours, please do share with the rest of us! ;)
    Bulldogs, thanks again for posting your experience. I applaud anyone who is brave, and uses their experience for the greater good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I had my Pfizer vaccine yesterday, Jan 10 2021. I had it about 10 a.m. and sort of had "the chills" in the afternoon and evening. Today I feel fine, arm a bit sore but no biggy.

It is a wonderful relief to get this vaccine, I was absolutely elated to be one of the lucky ones to get an appointment. They made another appointment for the second shot 21 days later.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Canada, but in Florida for 6 months. The Florida government is generously providing the vaccine to anyone 65 and over, plus health care workers.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    LOL - well, I'll let you know after tomorrow morning ;)

10. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I have an apt next week. Keep us posted!

11. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    What County are you in? I am in Volusia County but have not gone for the vaccine yet because it has been so unorganized. Waiting for things to settle a bit. Happy for you!

12. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Firstly - the vaccine is a disaster for one's golf game, but then so is Covid LOL

Brevard County - it is being dispensed by two hospitals and the County DOH - if you can get an appointment, online, the rest goes extremely smoothly and well organized. I wouldn't wait, it is a wonderful feeling of extreme relief.

Good luck June! I'm glad you could get an appointment - they are not easy to get.

• Like Like x 1
  13. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    golf? You had a sore arm or you have to blame something for your rising score ?

14. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    :) My arm was fine :) But I think all those new antibodies running around in my system totally messed up my timing causing some terrible hooks and ball losing pushes Putter wasn't working either. ;) My worst game of this winter season and it just couldn't be my fault so it has to be the vaccine, right?:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Without a doubt !

16. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover Member

May 13, 2014

17. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Living in Alabama has turned me into a, “vaccine denier.”(no, not really!) Do they really exist? You’d never know it here...

18. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    J&J is getting a lot of good press now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    June, did you get your shot? A lot of appointments here are being postponed due to vaccine shortage. People who have managed to get in to make an appointment and then find it postponed are pretty agitated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Yes, i got the first shot Monday. It was a breeze. I had some achiness in the shoulder area for a couple hours and after that nothing. Felt absolutely fine. Much easier going than the shingrex and new pneumonia shots for me. I have an apt for Feb 4 which is the soonest the window allows for shot 2 and I will be there! I feel a little guilty as I am not the frailest in my age group but I am getting it while I can. It sure will be nice to be able to relax a little.

How about you? Did you get second shot?

• Like Like x 2