1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Meniere's Hangover

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Whimzee, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Whimzee

Whimzee New Member

Dec 26, 2020
    How do you feel after a Meniere's episode? I feel hungover. My eyes can't stay open. My head is pounding. The tinnitus is raging. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep it off. Like now. I have things to do but I'm going to bed. I think of it as my Meniere's Hangover.

Do you notice anything after you've had an episode? How do you deal with it? Any tricks?

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Well, I have felt just like you. For me, after a bad one, I would get this wave of crushing sadness/depression. It was so pronounced it just had to be a chemical inbalance or something. I was physically and mentally weak.

I feel for you Whimzee, it is NO fun. But, welcome to the forum!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jenski

Jenski New Member

Apr 5, 2020
    After a severe episode I feel pretty terrible, I'm tired, out of it, have trouble thinking, off balance, I almost feel that the diazepam and zofran/ondansetron I take during an episode gives me a slight hangover feeling too. Headaches are a possible side effect if you take zofran/ondansetron for nausea during an attack. Sometimes it can take me 2 full days to recover. After mild vertigo attacks I seem recover fairly quickly, usually within a few hours. I don't get headaches after an episode though but I'm pretty useless and just need to rest/sleep until I feel better. Drinking lots of fluids seems to help.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. SurferGirl

SurferGirl Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Ditto for all the above! I can't take any of the prescribed medication as it seems to take days to leave my body. I just need to tough it out. I'm useless.....